What are the different types of cardiac diseases or heart diseases that we treat at Continental Hospitals?
Treatment of heart diseases can be managed effectively with lifestyle changes, medicines, and in some cases surgery. Continental Hospital guides patients suffering from heart diseases or cardiac diseases with proper counseling from our best heart specialists, who explain the implication of the heart diseases to the patients and informs them about any surgical procedures that are available to the patients at Continental Hospitals.
The different types of cardiac diseases or heart diseases are:
- Coronary Artery Disease or ischemic heart disease is plaque build-up in the walls of the coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart.
- Cardiomyopathy is a disease of the heart muscle which makes it hard for the heart to deliver blood to the body
- Angina is chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart muscles.
- Hypertension or elevated blood pressure is the excessive force or pressure exerted by the circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels, namely arteries in the body
- Cardiac Arrhythmia is the change in heart tissue or in electric signals that control the heartbeat. It is a problem in the rate of heartbeat.
- Dyspnoea is shortness of breath of a person
- Congestive Cardiac Failure is the inability of the heart to pump blood with normal efficiency
- Myocardial Infarction, also known as heart attack, is permanent damage to the heart muscle
- Rheumatic Heart Disease occurs when the heart valves have been permanently damaged by rheumatic fever, an inflammatory disease.
- Congenital Heart Disease is an abnormality or defect, wherein the heart or the blood vessels near the heart do not develop normally before birth
- Atrial Septal Defect, also known as “hole” in the heart, is a disorder of the heart that is present at birth (congenital) and involves a hole in the wall (septum) that separates the two upper chambers (atria) of the heart. It is characterized by an abnormal murmur of the heart.
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) is a birth defect of the heart when there is a hole in the wall (septum) separating the two lower chambers (ventricles) of the heart.
- Ischemic Heart Disease is a condition in which fatty plaque deposits narrow artery walls leading to the heart and blood flow.
- Hypertensive Heart Disease is a heart condition caused by high blood pressure which includes heart failure, thickening of heart muscles, coronary artery disease and other conditions