Department of Neuro Surgery and Spine Surgery
Best Neurosurgery Hospital in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
The department of neurosurgery at Continental Hospitals offers excellence in surgery & care for all neurological ailments and spinal disorders. Offering superior patient care & world class standards in neurosurgery, we are one of the best hospitals for neurosurgery in Hyderabad.
With an expert team of neurosurgeons and spine specialists, we world-class surgical care for patient suffering of a wide range of ailments including – strokes, aneurysm, neuromuscular disorders, epilepsy & seizures, cerebral palsy, brain tumors, spinal disc prolapse, spinal deformities, tumors of the spine and others.
Our team of experienced brain & spine surgeons, dedicated nurses, state-of-the-art infrastructure, advanced operation theaters and excellent post-operative care makes Continental Hospitals one of the best neuro & spine surgery hospitals in Hyderabad.
The department of neurosurgery & spine surgery at Continental Hospitals handles all types of trauma and emergency cases including strokes and brain tumors. With a state-of-the-art operation suites, advanced ICUs and 24/7 emergency care facilities – we remain in a state of readiness for all neurological emergencies.
Diseases & Conditions
Best Spine Surgery Hospital in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Department of neurosurgery at Continental Hospitals provides excellent treatment & care for a wide array of neurological conditions as listed below:
- Alzheimer’s Disease – A progressive neurological disorder, Alzheimer’s causes the brain cells to shrink and eventually die leading to a slow & continuous decline in normal brain functions. This leads to impaired thinking, decline in social & behavioral skills, and dementia.
- Aneurysm – An aneurysm is a bulge in the blood vessels and when ruptured can result in internal bleeding and clotting, which can result in a stroke. An aneurysm remains asymptomatic, and thus even large ones may remain undetected for a long period of time.
- ADHD – Attention deficit hyper active disorder, is a commonly observed developmental disorder observed in children. The common symptoms associated with ADHD include – difficulty in sustaining attention, impulsive behavior, being excessively active, amongst others.
- Autism – Autism spectrum disorder is a developmental disorder in children. The condition causes difficulty with learning, social interactions, and communication. Common signs associated with a child being autistic include – inability to maintain eye contact while speaking, a narrow band of interest, difficulty in adapting to change, being highly sensitive amongst others.
- Autoimmune Encephalitis – This is an autoimmune condition wherein the body’s immune system starts attacking the brain cells, resulting in inflammation. The condition is characterized by impaired memory, speech, and vision, as well as episodes of psychosis, and panic attacks.
- Brain Hemorrhage – Brain hemorrhage is bleeding within the brain tissue and/or the skull, and it can be a very serious, life-threatening condition. The bleeding or hemorrhage can lead to loss of oxygenated blood reaching the affected part and resulting in necrosis of the region.
- Brain Tumors – An abnormal growth/mass of cells in the brain is termed a brain tumor, and it could either be malignant (cancerous) or benign (non-cancerous) form of tumor. The symptoms associated with the tumors depend on the size, location, and growth rate of the tumor.
- Brain Metastases – Brain metastases is the spreading of cancerous cells from other parts of the body to the brain. Although the cancer cells could spread from any part of the body, in most cases they are known to originate from the lung, breast, colon, and kidneys.
- Cerebral Palsy – Cerebral Palsy is caused by the abnormal development of the brain, often prior to birth, resulting in difficulties of motor skills, balance, posture and possible disability. Some of the common symptoms associated with the condition include exaggerated reflexes, rigidity of limbs, and involuntary motion.
- Cervical Spondylosis – This is a common age-related condition associated with the wear & tear of the spinal discs in the neck region. Bone spurs and herniated discs are some of the common conditions associated with cervical spondylosis. While some people can complain of pain and muscle spasms, the condition can largely remain asymptomatic.
- Chronic Headaches – While headache is a common ailment, often associated with stress & strain, a chronic headache is one that remains persistent for over 15 days during the month.
- Concussion – A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that is caused by a sudden and violent hit to the hit; or an incident that causes sudden and rapid back & forth movement of the head. The injury may or may not cause immediate loss of consciousness but can cause headache, confusion, lack of coordination, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Dementia – Dementia is the gradual loss of cognitive functions of thinking, memory, and logic. Patients with dementia will find it difficult to carry out their daily activities, and have restricted social interactions.
- Intracranial Hematoma – Intracranial hematoma is the clotting of blood within the skull caused by the rupture of blood vessels in the brain. The rupture of the blood vessels may be caused by a traumatic incident such as a vehicle accident, sports injury, or a violent blow to the head. It is a potentially life-threatening condition and requires immediate & advanced medical care.
- Medulloblastoma – This is a common brain tumor, often associated with children and originates in the cerebellum. Given that the cerebellum is associated with the movement and balance of the individual, the same may be affected with the onset of medulloblastoma. Headaches, nausea, dizziness, loss of balance, difficulty of vision are some of the common symptoms associated with medulloblastoma.
- Meningitis – The inflammation of the brain and spine membranes, often caused by an infection is known as meningitis. The common symptoms associated with meningitis include headache, fever, and stiffness in the neck.
- Multiple Sclerosis – Multiple sclerosis is an auto-immune disorder wherein the immune system of the body starts attacking the protective covering of the nerve fibers. This disrupts the flow of information from different parts of the body to the brain and vice versa.
- Parkinson’s Disease – Parkinson’s Disease is a condition that causes unintended and uncontrollable movements, resulting in difficulty of movement, balance, and coordination. It is a progressively degenerative condition with the symptoms becoming worse with the passage of time.
- Seizures – Seizures are sudden and uncontrolled disturbances of the electrical activity in the brain, resulting in stiffness or twitching and possible loss of consciousness. Seizures can be either partial or focal seizures with moderate to severe symptoms associated with them.
Best Spine Surgery Hospital in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
The department of neurosurgery at Continental Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities for the early detection and diagnosis of all types of brain and spinal diseases. Diagnosis for neurological ailments is performed with the help of various tests as given below:
- Nerve Conduction Tests
- Electromyography Studies
- Evoked Potential Studies
- Motor Unit Number Estimation
- Autonomic Nervous System Evaluation
- Small Fiber Neuropathy Evaluation
- Invasive & Non- Invasive Video EEG Tests
- High-speed CT imaging
- High-Definition PET, SPECT, MRI, 4D CT scan
- Interventional Angiography
- EMG Testing
- Genetic Testing
- Sleep Patterns Test
- Neuropsychological evaluations
Our team of expert neurologists and neurosurgeons ensure that every patient undergoes a thorough and necessary diagnostic procedures to identify neurological ailments early, accurately, and adequately to arrive at an appropriate treatment plan.
Best Neuro Surgery Hospital in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
The department of neurosurgery at Continental Hospitals offers excellence in treatment & care for all types of brain and spinal cord disorders. We have an expert panel of neurosurgeons with decades of experience in treating the most complicated brain and spine disorders.
The course of treatment planned for each patient varies from the type of disease, co-morbidities, patient history & lifestyle, among other factors. From surgical interventions to lifestyle alterations, and post-surgery rehab, the department of neurosurgery at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad offers the complete spectrum of treatment options for all neurological diseases.
Treatments, surgeries and procedures performed by our expert neurosurgeons at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad include:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy – This is surgical procedure undertaken to remove or repair a herniated disc in the neck. Once the herniated disc is removed, a graft is then inserted to fuse the bones beneath & above the disc.
- Awake Brain Surgery – This is also known as an awake craniotomy for the treatment of neurological conditions like tumors and seizures. The procedure is undertaken while the patient is awake and alert.
- Craniotomy – A craniotomy is a surgical procedure wherein a part of the skull (bone flap) is removed to access the brain. The flap is then replaced following the surgery. The procedure is often employed for the treatment of tumors, aneurysm, traumatic head injury, removal of foreign objects amongst others.
- Chiari Decompression – This is a surgical treatment for the treatment for Chiari malfunction, wherein the brain tissues extend into the spinal canal. The condition may be either congenital or develop post-birth. Neurosurgeons remove a small portion of the skull at the base of the brain which creates more room for the herniated cerebellum.
- Deep Brain Simulation – Deep brain simulation is a procedure wherein neurosurgeons introduce electrodes into the brain via small holes for the treatment of movement disorders, Parkinson’s disease, and psychiatric conditions amongst others. The procedure is often employed in cases wherein clinical interventions no longer remain viable treatment options.
- Laminectomy – Laminectomy is a surgical procedure for the removal of bone spurs or herniated discs or tissues in the spinal column. This is done to relieve pressure on the nerves that may be getting pinched by the spurs or herniated discs.
Technology & Facilities
Best Hospital for Spine Surgery in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
The department of neurosurgery at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad is known as one of the best hospitals for brain and spinal disorders in India, because of the excellent infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities. We remain steadfast in our commitment to provide, prevent, and improve neurological care for every single one of our patients.
Continental Hospitals has consistently set a benchmark for the highest standards of medical care. Equipped with state-of-the-art operation theatres and advanced infrastructure to deliver excellence in neurosurgical care. An expert panel of neurosurgeons perform all kinds of invasive and non-invasive procedures at the hospital.
The facilities at Continental Hospitals for neurosurgery & spine surgery include:
- Cranial Endoscopic Neurosurgery Centre
- Hydrocephalus Centre
- Spine Endoscopic Neurosurgery Surgery Centre
- Endovascular Neurosurgery Centre
- Brain Tumour centre
- Pituitary Centre
- Acoustic Schwannoma Centre
- Emergency Stroke Program
Top Neuro Surgeon in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Top Spine Surgeon in Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Dr M R C Naidu
MBBS, DNB (Neuro Surgery), M. Ch. (Neuro Surgery), Fellowship in Neurological Surgery
Sr Consultant - Neurosurgery
Dr A Ajay Reddy
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), M. Ch. (Neurosurgery)
Sr Consultant - Neurosurgery
Dr Sundeep Maddala
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), M Ch (Neurosurgery), Spine Fellowship (Japan), FANS (Japan)
Consultant - Neurosurgery
Dr Laxminadh Sivaraju
MBBS, M Ch (Neurosurgery)
Sr Consultant - Neurosurgery
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.