Dr Daljeet Kaur
Designation: Consultant Psychiatrist
Qualification: MBBS, MRCPsych (UK), GMHE (IIMB)Book an appointment
Dr. Daljeet Kaur, an experienced, UK-trained Consultant Psychiatrist. Having spent 14 years in the field of psychiatry, she feels strongly about creating reforms in the field of healthcare, and wishes to establish her vision in India.
Dr. Daljeet feels passionately about teaching, and maintains a strong social presence through academic presentations on both state and national levels. She also embraces mental health training and education via talks and videos through her recent initiative, DAWN healthyminds.
Dr. Daljeet offers quality services for stress, adjustment disorder, depression, anxiety, OCD, psychosomatic problems, drug problems, psychosis, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Autism, ADHD, Delirium, Dementia, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and women’s mental health. Dr Daljeet has a special interest in child and adolescent psychiatry.
Dr. Daljeet’s therapy techniques (such as CBT, Motivational interviewing and Mentalisation) are incorporated in her sessions while managing cases. She offers consultations, comprehensive assessments as well as counselling. She employs skills from her General Management Degree in Healthcare from IIMBangalore in all aspects of her work.
She is an empathetic doctor, who respects her patients and treats them with a friendly demeanour. Dr. Daljeet works to keep her consultation sessions effective, and maintains the quality of her counselling sessions, while giving each patient ample time for treatment. For her, clinical work is the highest priority, and she strives to be the absolute best doctor for her clients.
- Feb 2021-Continental hospital :
Visiting consultant-Hope trust, Tanvir Hospital
- Aug 2016-ongoing :
- September 2015-Dec 2017 :
- June 2006-June 2015 :
Psychiatrist in NHS (United Kingdom)-Over the years worked in Kent, Scotland and Greater Manchester area.
- Continues to hold registration and licence to practice in the UK as Dr Daljeet attends yearly appraisals in the UK.
IN THE UNITED KINGDOM:
- Worked in different specialities of psychiatry-General adult, Learning Disabilities, Liaison Psychiatry, Community Psychiatry, Forensic, old age, and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Speaker at National annual conference of Psychiatry (ANCIPS)-Jan 2020
- Nov 2019- Founded a wellness and mental health training initiative-DAWN healthy minds (dawnhealthyminds.com)
- March 2020-Women excellence award (NLC, VMC)
- Nov 2019-Leadership award by Telangana Brand awards
- May 2018-Management degree by IIMB in healthcare
- Speaker at State level conference in India-2019
- Member of Royal college of Psychiatrists(UK)-2014
- Member of GAPIO-2018
- Member of Indian Psychiatric society-2019