Dr Ravi Chander Veligeti
Department: Surgical Oncology
Designation: Sr Consultant - Surgical Oncology
Qualification: MBBS, MS (General surgery), MCh Surgical oncology
Experience: 14 years
Languages known: English, Hindi, TeluguBook an appointment
Dr Ravi Chander is the senior consultant for surgical oncology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad. He comes with over two decades of distinguished experience in cancer care with expertise in laparoscopic onco-surgeries of the GI tract, thoracoscopic surgeries for cancers of esophagus & lung including VATS lobectomy & pneumonectomy.
Dr Ravi was the first person to start complete cyto-reductive surgery (CCRS) and hyperthermic-intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for advanced peritoneal malignancies in the twin states of AP & Telangana. And has been the recipient of the best surgical oncologist award at the Times Healthcare Awards.
Published in various national & international journals, Dr Ravi has been a speaker at distinguished forums worldwide.
- Laparoscopic Surgeries for gynec cancers
- Advanced GI surgeries
- Laparoscopic gastrectomy and colorectal resections
- Thoracoscopic surgeries for lung & esophageal cancers
- Complex head and neck cancer surgeries with micro vascular reconstructions
- Cytoreductive surgery (CCRS) and HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intra Peritoneal Chemotherapy) for advanced intra-abdominal malignancies
- Named the Best Surgical Oncologist at Times Healthcare Awards
- Indian Medical Association – IMA
- Association of Surgeons of India – ASI
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India – AMASI
- Indian Association Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons – IAGES
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology – IASO
- Association of Breast surgeons of India – ABSI
- Foundation of Head & Neck Oncology – FHNO
- Society of Peritoneal Surface Oncology, India – SPSOI