Dr Sudheer Kunkunuru
Department: DEPARTMENT OF RADIO-DIAGNOSIS
Designation: Sr Consultant - Radiology
Qualification: MBBS, MD(RD), EDiR, Fellow in Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Diplomate of ICRI.
Experience: 13 years
Languages known: English, Hindi, TeluguBook an appointment
Dr Sudheer Kunkunuru is the consultant for radiology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad. With over a decade long experience in neuroradiology and musculoskeletal radiology, he is one of the best radiologists in Hyderabad.
An alumnus of the prestigious Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, in Wardha, Maharashtra, Dr Sudheer also holds a fellowship in Diagnostic Neuroradiology from KIMS, Hyderabad. He has a European Diploma in Radiology Examination as well as a Diplomate of the Indian College of Radiology & Imaging.
In addition to his vast professional experience, he also has academic experience as an Associate Professor at Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences, Karimnagar. He’s a member of the European Society of Radiology amongst various other prestigious bodies and is published in national & international journals.
- Neuroradiology and Musculoskeletal radiology.
ACADEMICS AWARDS & HONOURS.
- Secured first position in Microbiology in the university exam and awarded with a Silver Medal.
- Secured fourth position in the State level General Knowledge test held at Shri Gajanan Maharaj Engineering College, Shegaon- Jan 2002.
- Won first prize in the regional level IAP Pediatric quiz held at IMA hall Nagpur September 2002.
- Won second prize in the National level oral paper presentation at “INDIAN SOCIETY OF NEURORADIOLOGY CONFERENCE” held at PGI, Chandigarh. September 2011.
- Awarded with first prize in the quiz held at REC on Head and Neck imaging organized by Vidrabha branch of IRIA in Jan 2006.
- Published posters on THYMIC CYST – A CASE REPORT in “ Imaging Bharati 2006” at Pune
- Published posters on HIATUS HERNIA A CASE REPORT in “Imaging Bharati 2006” at Pune.
- Presented seminar and case presentation on “MULTICYSTIC DYSPLASTIC KIDNEY DISEASE” at intercollegiate meet, held with J L N Medical College, Sawangi.
- Awarded with the second prize quiz held at REC on Paediatric imaging organized by Vidrabha branch of IRIA in Jan 2008.
- E poster on Unorthodox Manifestations of Neuro Tuberculosis within the scientific and educational programme at the European Congress of Radiology 2011, held March 3-7, 2011, in Vienna, Austria.
- Presented seminar on “CAVERNOUS SINUS IMAGING” at IRIA-Hyderabad, held in September, 2011.
- Presented seminar and case presentation on “HYPERTROPHIC OLIVARY DEGENERATION” at the 164th monthly meeting of the Twin Cities Neurological Society held in January, 2012.
- Published posters on “SPONTANEOUS INTRACRANIAL HYPOTENSION” at National conference – IRIA, Hyderabad and won fourth prize.
- Morphometry of trigeminal neural vascular complex in trigeminal neuralgia – E poster in national conference ISNR – sept. 2011 and won first prize.
- Academic lectures / presentations at various colleges, interdepartmental meets and conferences.
RADIOLOGY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- Corresponding member ‘European Society of Radiology’ since 2008.
- Lifetime member of ‘Indian Radiology Imaging Association member (IRIA)’ since 2006.
- Full member of the ‘European Society of Neuroradiology — Diagnostic and Interventional’.
- Active member ‘INDIAN SOCIETY OF GASTROINTESTINAL & ABDOMINAL RADIOLOGY – ISGAR’.
- JOINT SECRETARY – TELANGANA CHAPTER OF ‘Indian Radiology Imaging Association member (IRIA)’.