Continental Institute of Orthopaedics
One of the best hospitals for Orthopaedics and Joint replacement in Hyderabad, Continental Hospitals provides a gamut of comprehensive treatments for patients with traumatic, degenerative and inflammatory joint diseases. These include joint replacement surgeries and any treatment of bone problems.
Surgeries are evidence-based and pain is handled by using pain management techniques. The sensitive, alert, patient-centric approach makes any treatment and even joint replacement surgeries easy on the patient. Treatments range from pain management, using braces and physiotherapy to surgery and are tailored to best fit your age, condition, and lifestyle. It is a holistic approach and lifestyle changes like diet and exercise are also recommended. Medical professionals are consultants with the sharpest minds, leading practitioners, qualified from the best of institutes, trained at premium facilities and extremely experienced in their fields. Complementing these is the caring support staff that will make sure you are fully informed and your care is personalized, comprehensive and convenient. The approach is holistic and strives for your return to the original lifestyle as early as possible. Therefore, with Continental Hospitals, you can trust yourself to be in the best of hands whether for joint replacement and orthopedics.
State-of-the-art technology such as computer-assisted surgery for its precision gives enhanced results for the patient. Better balance, better positioning of the prosthesis, faultless alignment, smoother knee functions and faster return to normalcy are some of the benefits of using computer assistance. Technology, together with expertise and personalized aftercare together makes Continental Hospitals, the best hospitals for joint replacement in Hyderabad.
Facilities at Continental Institute of Orthopedics
Continental Centre for Sports Injury:
Sport related injuries usually occur without any warning or can flare up from previous, recovering ones. The dedicated Centre for Sports Injury at Continental Hospitals offers treatment for a wide spectrum of injuries sustained in every major sport. With a complete range of clinical services for professional athletes, enthusiasts and budding sports stars, this centre is a hub of specialists in all sports related injuries. We understand an athlete patient's time constraints, targets achievement as well as the importance of being in a fit condition, and strive to ensure that they perform at 100% fitness.
Continental Centre for Rehabilitation:
Orthopedic Injuries require careful physical therapy in order to regain the complete function of the damaged bone and ligaments. Continental Centre for Rehabilitation offers comprehensive physiotherapy in Hyderabad with an integrated team of health care experts trained in pain medicine, physiotherapy, psychology, occupational therapy and voice therapy. Our physio experts design individualistic exercise plans for patients who lack mobility and need to enhance strength and endurance. Patients are encouraged to utilize their muscles to gain range of motion, flexibility, balance and coordination. The Continental Centre for Rehabilitation works on the aim to improve our patient's physical performance at home and workplace areas.
Why choose Continental Hospitals for Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement?
- The Orthopaedics Department of Hyderabad’s Continental Hospitals treats everything from injuries, diseases of the bones, and problems of the joints, muscles, tendons to ligaments. Conditions treated therefore include but are not limited to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, knee replacement, hip replacement, ACL repair, ligament repair, shoulder injury, tendinitis, avascular necrosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Cervical Spondylosis, slipped disk, tennis elbow to name a few. We also make use of minimal invasive arthroscopy and arthroplasty techniques depending on the nature of the orthopaedic condition.
- As we mentioned above, our medical professionals are leading practitioners, skilled at their work. Being qualified from the most premier institutes, they have experience from the best facilities and are adept at diagnosing and treating any illness in the field of orthopaedics, joint replacement or any bone diseases. Your bones will be safe in their hands.
- With the latest diagnostic equipment and procedures such as X-Rays, MRIs, CT Scans, Bone Scans, Arthrography, Discography, Doppler Ultrasound, Peripheral Bone Density Testing and the like we have struck the right balance between technology and expertise. This state-of-the-art facility at Continental Hospitals in Hyderabad makes it one of the best places to seek orthopaedic treatment.
- We understand that a big component of orthopaedic treatment is aftercare and therefore have an army of physiotherapists, rehabilitation specialists, advanced care providers, and other support staff. Together they strive to ensure that you continue with your lifestyle as before.
This holistic approach makes Continental Hospitals the right place to seek the best treatment for Orthopedics and joint replacements in Hyderabad.
Technologies at Continental Institute of Orthopedic
By using latest technologies at their behest, our well-balanced team of orthopedic doctors, physiotherapists and vocational therapists work in close sync to provide unique medical solutions which promote repair, regeneration and facilitate speedy healing of the patient. The technology used at Continental Institute for Orthopedics & Sports Surgery makes it one of the best orthopedic hospitals in Hyderabad.
- State-of-the-art imaging facility for fluoroscopy guided fracture fixation
- HD Arthroscopic equipment for key-hole surgery procedures
- HD Ultrasound 1.5MRI scan, High resolution 3D CT scan
- Computer-Assisted Surgery for high precision orthopedic and joint replacement surgeries
A place that addresses orthopedic problems and performs joint replacement, Continental has to have precision in its diagnosis and cure. As the best hospital in Hyderabad for Orthopedics and Joint replacement and with precision as our backbone, we rely heavily on technology. Our state-of-the-art facility is therefore equipped with diagnostics to correctly identify and diagnose the problem and to understand the exact nature of the musculoskeletal injury. Results are then analyzed by our medical professionals - the best of practitioners, who collectively, in consultation with each other and other experts from the field if required- to arrive at a well-rounded plan of treatment.
Some of the important diagnostic procedures carried out at our institute that help us in the diagnosis of orthopedic conditions are:
- Arthrography: Imaging tests done on joints by injecting a dye in it. Used when x-rays fail to show details required to study the condition of a joint.
- Bone scans: Problems with bone metabolism are diagnosed using this imaging technique, here a tracer is inserted in the vein.
- Discography: A diagnostic procedure requiring the injection of a dye in the spine to detect the condition of the spine. It is generally used before surgery.
- Doppler Ultrasound: A test that estimates the blood flow through your vessels by bouncing high-frequency sound waves (ultrasound) off circulating red blood cells. A regular ultrasound uses sound waves to produce images but does not show blood flow. It helps identify clots, narrowing vessels, bulging arteries, and such conditions.
- Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry: A test that helps assess the risk of osteoporosis, it uses two x0ray at two different energies.
- Electromyography: a procedure that assesses the health of muscles and nerve cells that control them (motor neurons) by revealing nerve dysfunction, muscle dysfunction or problems with nerve-to-muscle signal transmission.
- Flexibility Test: Flexibility has been defined as the range of motion of muscle and connective tissues at a joint or group of joints. Flexibility can simply be viewed as measuring the angle of joints or their range of motion (ROM). devices used for the assessments are called goniometers.
- Peripheral Bone Density: Bone density testing is done to check the density of the mineral in your bone and is a measure of the strength of your bones. It can be used to evaluate osteoporosis, predict the chance of your breaking bones, and can be used to check if you are responding to treatment that is if the condition of your bones is improving or worsening. Single-energy Photon Absorptiometry (SPA), Radiographic Absorptiometry (RA), Radiogrametry(RG), Single-energy X-ray Absorptiometry (SXA), Peripheral Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry (pDXA), and Quantitative Ultrasonometry (QUS) are procedures used to measure this.
What are the orthopedic surgeries done at the Continental Institute of Orthopaedics?
Surgical Procedures for Orthopedic patients are carried out by internationally trained experts who have decades of experience in orthopedic medical, surgical and rehabilitative methods. By employing innovative techniques like robot aided technology, our veteran doctors perform every simple and complex orthopedic procedure with ease and accuracy making Continental Hospitals one of the best orthopedic hospitals in Hyderabad. Some of the surgical treatments provided here are:
- Hand Surgery
- Joint Replacement of hand
- Deformity corrections for Arthritis
- Tendon transfers or reconstruction
- Fracture fixation of Hand & Wrist
- Total Primary & Redo of Knee Replacement Surgery
- Total Primary & Redo of Hip Replacement Surgery
- Total Shoulder, Elbow, Hand Joint Replacement
Joint Pain Treatment
- Limb Reconstruction
- Correcting Deformities
- Correcting failed fixation
Shoulder Pain Treatment
- Stem Cell Treatment: A common part of orthopaedic surgery especially in musculoskeletal injuries. Using stem cells as progenitor cells by which they are acquired from the bone marrow and injected into the tissue to catalyse the repair are gaining ground and Continental hospital in Hyderabad is the best place for it in Hyderabad.
- Arthroscopy of Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist
Commonly called keyhole surgery, arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for examination and sometimes even repair that involves inserting an endoscope through a small incision. Continental Hospitals is the best place in Hyderabad for arthroscopy.
- Arthroplasty: A surgical procedure involving the resurfacing of bones by which the functioning of a joint can be restored. This requires great skill and Continental hospitals is the best hospitals in Hyderabad for arthroplasty. Read more
- Hip replacement surgery: Surgical removal of damaged hip bones to replace them with those made of metal, ceramic or very hard plastic. Undoubtedly, Continental Hospitals in Hyderabad is the best place to get hip replacement surgery done. Read more
- Knee replacement surgery: Surgical removal of damaged knee bone and replacing it with parts made from metal or plastic. Continental Hospitals is the best hospital to get knee replacement surgery done. Read more
- Fracture treatment: A range of treatments to cure broken bones or fractured bones including bandaging it, attaching a splint to it, immobilizing it with a cast. They all get the very best treatment at Continental Hospitals in Hyderabad.
- Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF)
- Closed Reduction Internal Fixation (CRIF)
- Correction of extreme malalignments and limb lengthening
- Paediatric Fractures
What are the different diseases/conditions treated by Continental Institute of Orthopaedics?
Orthopaedics and joint replacement are not just limited to the bone but include problems of the joints, muscle, ligament, and tendon. It also includes treatment for traumatic, degenerative and inflammatory joint diseases. Continental Hospitals with its diagnostic capability can diagnose and treat all these related ailments. What follows is a list of the diseases routinely handled by our facility.
- Arthritis: It is the tenderness and swelling of joints. It starts as joint pain and stiffness and progresses with age. Spotted early its advancement can be curbed with the diet control, exercise and pain management techniques. The two types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: One of the most common conditions starts when the cartilage that cushions the bones starts degenerating with use and with time. While it can strike any cartilage, it is most commonly seen in hands, knees, hips, and spine.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: A chronic condition in which the body’s immune system attacks joints and other tissues causing pain and disability. Careful treatment
- Avascular Necrosis: The death of bone tissue is because of a lack of blood supply and can eventually lead to bone collapse. It is also called osteonecrosis. Blood flow to a section of the bone can be easily disrupted by a broken bone or a dislocated joint. The treatment is all about checking the loss of bone any further.
- Rotator Cuff Strain: These are tears caused in muscles or tendons by overuse or injury. A rotator cuff is a group of muscles around the shoulder.
- Shoulder Impingement – Shoulder impingement is an injury to the muscles between the bones in the shoulder area. It occurs in people who have to do a lot of repetitive actions like lifting, throwing, lifting hands, etc. Commonly found among swimmers, tennis players, painters, electricians, and such others. It is commonly called a swimmer’s shoulder.
- Tennis Elbow: An inflammation of the tendons that join the forearm muscles on the outside of the elbow. They both get damaged with excessive use – repeating the same motions, leading to pain and tenderness on the outer side of the elbow.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear (ACL): A tear or pain in a major ligament of the knee and occur in sports with jerky movements like sudden stops, jumps, landing like soccer, football, skiing.
- Meniscus Tear: Menisci are the cartilages wedged between the shin and thigh bones. A torn meniscus is a very common knee injury and can happen when you twist your knee with your full weight on it. It causes pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Disc Herniation: Discs, the cushions between spines, are round with a tough outer layer (annulus) that engulfs a soft nucleus. A tear in the annulus can cause some of the nucleus to get pushed out into the spinal canal. It presses the spinal nerve that passes through the canal to cause pain.
- Disc Bulge: A damaged disc may protrude against the spinal cord or nerves, to cause pain.
- Scoliosis: Sideways curving of the spine is called scoliosis and occurs most often during a growth spurt, just before puberty. Its causes are unknown.
- Lumbar Canal Stenosis: Nerves in the spinal cord pass through the spinal column. A narrowing of this canal in the lower back or lumbar area is called lumbar stenosis. Causes could include injury, spinal tumor, bone diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, past surgeries.
- PFPS (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome): Commonly called the runner’s knee, PFPS is a condition used to describe pain around the knee cap or patella. Continental Hospital has acquired the status of being the best hospital for the treatment of Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.
- Supraspinatus Tendinitis: An inflammation and impingement of supraspinatus tendon often associated with shoulder impingement.
- Pes Planus: Commonly called flat foot, the longitudinal arch that goes along the inner length of the foot is not developed and arched but is flattened and can cause pain.
- Ganglion Cyst: A small fluid-filled sac that forms over a bone or a tendon. It is filled with fluid or jelly and can be spongy or firm. They can be painful if they press onto a nerve.
- Gout: A chronic form of arthritis that causes severe pain, tenderness and redness.
- Hairline Fracture: A small crack or severe bruise in the bone. An injury, an impact, osteoporosis can all cause these.
- Green Stick Fracture: An injury in a young soft bone in which it bends and breaks. Usually occurs in infants and children, and hence the name greenstick – referring to a young plant that is a stem and not a wooden branch. Their sensitive and caring staff makes Continental Hospitals the best place to treat green stick fractures.
- Avulsion: When a fragment of the bone gets pulled away from the main bone. You can trust Continental Hospitals in Hyderabad for the best treatment of avulsions.
- Cervical Spondylitis: Refers to age-related wear of the spinal disks in the neck. It is very common and worsens with age. Continental Hospitals in Hyderabad with the best treatment for cervical spondylitis can partner your journey with it to make you most comfortable and restore you to your original lifestyle.
- Lumbar Spondylosis: Refers to age-related wear of the spinal disks in the lumbar region or lower back. The best treatment in Hyderabad for lumbar spondylitis can be got at Continental Hospitals.
Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad is a hi-tech facility that has attracted some of the best talents from the country, making it one of the best hospitals for orthopedics in Hyderabad and we have some of the best orthopaedic surgeons in Hyderabad on board. As we have seen in the diagnostic section of this page, every nuance of any health condition can be diagnosed with our machines. Orthopedic surgeons and consultants thrive in such an environment. Being trained at leading global facilities, our orthopedic consultants are skilled at the use of these machines in their diagnosis and treatment. They have perfected the art of orthopedics and used these machines to derive advantages to their patients. Their expertise is unmatched in depth and width. Their trained minds can detect any flaw in the system, can foretell the onset of any condition and can restore you to your former health with their healing. It is they, the best orthopedic doctors in Hyderabad, who lend their image to the hospital as being the hub for the treatment of bone disorders.
Our dedicated team for Upper & Lower Limb, Musculoskeletal Radiologists, Plastic Surgeons & Physiotherapists collaboratively perform a broad range of simple to complex procedures like Key Hole Surgery, Joint Pain Treatment, Limb Reconstruction, Knee Replacement Surgery, Hip Replacement Surgery, Bone Tumors, Fractures, Shoulder Pain Treatment and Sports Injuries among others. The state-of-the-art radiology equipment including high resolution CT scan provides the team with in-house 3D reconstruction images of complex fractures to help fix the fractures optimally.
Dr Deepthi Nandan Reddy Adla
MBBS, Ms(Ortho), M.Sc(Ortho Eng), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Ortho & Tr, UK), CCT(UK), Fellowships Trained in Shoulder/Elbow/Hand
Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr Nitish Bhan
MBBS, DNB (Orthopedic Surgery)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr Ram Mohan Reddy Venuthurla
MBBS, Ms(Ortho) (PGI), M.Sc(Ortho Eng,UK), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Ortho, UK), CCT(UK)
Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr Amith Reddy Pamulaparthi
MBBS, M Ch(Ortho), DNB(Ortho), PG Dip (Ortho), Fellowship in Arthoplasty
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon