Department of Psychiatry and Psychology
The Department of Psychiatry and Psychology at Continental Hospitals aims to provide high-quality services to in-house medical and surgical patients so that good quality psychiatric help is readily available. Led by a team of internationally trained and highly specialized Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Psychologists and Psychiatrists, this centre is committed to providing an unparalleled quality of medical care and support. With the ultramodern and state of the art technology, we endeavour to provide high-quality care to adult, children and adolescent patients. We aim to conduct pioneering research, educate professionals in the field and serve our community
At Continental Hospitals, you can be assured that your case is being handled by some of the best neurosurgeons in Hyderabad. The effort is to make available integrated care for the mind and body to patients in special facilities. It is intended to merge the Mental Health & Psychiatry department into the mainstream of medicine in the hospital. Almost every patient admitted to medical or surgical departments needs good psychiatric help. Our aim at Continental Hospitals is to be the best hospital for mental health treatment in Hyderabad.
Psychiatric disorders - brain diseases are also known as mental illness - include depression, schizophrenia, and a host of other disorders such as anxiety, panic, attention deficit, bipolar, obsessive-compulsive and post-traumatic stress. All are complex, painful, often debilitating conditions that alter the perceptions, feelings, and behaviours of those who suffer from them. Continental Hospitals is the best hospital for the treatment of psychiatric disorders in Hyderabad.
Mental health disorders - Health needs of people in localities who suffer from severe and persistent mental illness, substance use disorders, poverty, immigration challenges, homelessness, and multiple traumas are sought to be addressed. At Continental Hospitals, we aim to understand and treat post-traumatic stress disorders of in-house patients. Treatment for mental health is the best at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad.
The brain and the nervous system control so many vital functions in our bodies. Hence it is crucial to seek the finest medical care when a psychiatric problem arises. At Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad we have a team of best psychiatrists and other related experts who are highly skilled and trained in evaluating and treating the most complex and challenging psychiatric disorder. Continental strives to provide the best treatment for psychiatric and mental health disorders in Hyderabad. We have provided the highest quality care to adults, children, and adolescents. We also conduct pioneering research, educate professionals in the field and serve our community. Continental is the best-known hospital for the treatment of psychiatric disorders in Hyderabad. It has some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad in its panel. We have fully integrated the department into the mainstream of medicine at the hospital. Patients from our medical or surgical unit receive care from the psychiatric team as and when necessary since psychiatric support is needed by patients undergoing treatment in any stream. You will be assured of the best mental health treatment at Continental, Hyderabad.
The psychiatry and mental health department strive to address virtually every aspect of psychiatric disorders with research programs. The department includes numerous specialty clinical and research programs that address virtually every aspect of psychiatric disorders - the brain diseases also known as mental illness - including depression, schizophrenia, and a host of other disorders such as anxiety, panic, attention deficit, bipolar, obsessive-compulsive and post-traumatic stress. All are complex, painful, often debilitating conditions that alter the perceptions, feelings, and behaviours of those who suffer from them.
Continental Hospital is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of mental health in Hyderabad in the diagnosis of psychiatric disorders in a professional manner.
How is mental illness diagnosed?
The investigation involves the following steps normally:
- Physical examination to rule out any possibility of physical causes of symptoms seen in the patient
- Pathological laboratory tests to eliminate other possible causes such as thyroid existence, alcohol or drug intake, etc.
- Analysis of feelings, behavioural patterns, habits, and other symptoms to analyze mental health.
- Filling a questionnaire to get a lead of symptoms and problem areas.
How do we determine which mental illness do you have?
- Finding exact symptoms but the time and effort taken will help in getting an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
- Added information about your symptoms will help our staff, the best psychiatrist in Hyderabad, to understand a patient’s mental health.
The main classes of mental illness are:
- Neurodevelopmental disorders beginning in infancy or childhood
- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders such as delusions, hallucinations, and disorganized thinking and speech, the most notable example is schizophrenia.
- Bipolar and related disorders include disorders with alternating episodes of mania — periods of excessive activity, energy and excitement — and depression.
- Depressive disorders, which affect your emotional feelings.
- Anxiety disorders characterized by the anticipation of future danger or misfortune, along with excessive worrying
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders. These disorders involve preoccupations or obsessions and repetitive thoughts and actions.
- Trauma- and stressor-related disorders. These are adjustment disorders in which a person has trouble coping during or after a stressful life event.
- Dissociative disorders.in which your sense of self is disrupted, such as dissociative identity disorder and dissociative amnesia.
- Somatic symptom and related disorders. The disorders include somatic symptom disorder, illness anxiety disorder, and factitious disorder.
- Feeding and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and binge-eating disorder.
- Elimination disorders relate to the inappropriate elimination of urine or stool by accident or on purpose. Bed-wetting (enuresis) is an example.
- Sleep-wake disorders such as insomnia, sleep apnoea, and restless legs syndrome.
- Sexual dysfunctions such as premature ejaculation and female orgasmic disorder.
- Substance-related and addictive disorders associated with the excessive use of alcohol, caffeine, tobacco and drugs.
- Personality disorders involve a lasting pattern of emotional instability and unhealthy behaviour that causes problems in your life and relationships.
- Gender dysphoria
- Disruptive, impulse-control and conduct disorders such as kleptomania or intermittent explosive disorder.
Continental, Hyderabad is one of the best hospitals for mental health treatment Hyderabad. The best treatments for Psychological disorders and varied types of mental illnesses are given here. The Department of Psychiatry is committed to providing the highest quality in care to patients of all ages in a compassionate, safe and patient-focused manner.
provides evaluation and treatment of children/adolescents with the full spectrum of psychiatric conditions and behavioural or emotional difficulties in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
There are different types of mental illnesses and the treatment will depend on which type of mental disorder is diagnosed. Also, the severity of the disorder and what suits the patient determines the type of treatment. And in some cases, a combination of two or more treatments may be necessary.
Many a time, primary care is sufficient to diagnose and treat the disorder if the symptoms are well defined and controlled, while sometimes a team approach is appropriate to make sure all your psychiatric, medical and social needs are met. This is especially important for severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia.
Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad is one of the best hospitals for mental health treatment Hyderabad. Here, a combination of your known people, as well as experts, are involved in treatment of neurological disorders They include your family or primary care doctor, a psychiatrist, who is a medical doctor who diagnoses and treats mental illnesses, a psychotherapist, such as a psychologist or a licensed counselor, social workers and family members too.
Some of the best psychiatrists in Hyderabad are associated with Continental in Hyderabad and the best types of treatments of psychiatric disorders are used at Continental Hospital in Hyderabad.
Treatments used could be:
- Medications such as anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medication, mood- stabilizing, and antipsychotic medicines.
- Psychotherapy involves talking about your condition and related issues with a mental health professional. At Continental Hospitals, you will get the best therapists, whom you feel comfortable and be confident that he or she is capable of listening and hearing what you have to say.
- Brain-stimulation treatments of the best type such as electroconvulsive therapy, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation, and vagus nerve stimulation are used in treating neurological disorders at Continental Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs are available at Continental Hospitals when the patient is in danger of harming himself or someone else. Best treatment options used at Continental include 24-hour inpatient care, partial or day hospitalization, or residential treatment, which offers a temporary supportive place to live.
- Substance misuse treatment
Mental illness often occurs due to the use of substances such as drugs or alcohol, which interfere with ongoing treatment, which is also taken care of by the best psychiatrists at Continental, Hyderabad.
- Participating in your care
Working together, you and your primary care provider or mental health professional can decide which treatment may be best, depending on your symptoms and their severity, your personal preferences, medication side effects, and other factors. In some cases, a mental illness may be so severe that a doctor or loved one may need to guide your care until you are well enough to participate in decision-making.
Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad provides you the best Psychology doctors in the country. Our Psychology consultants are widely renowned in their respective fields and come with a wide range of experience and expertise, with qualifications from premier institutes. Specialists in various branches of Psychology, our doctors deliver comprehensive treatment and care. Visit us at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad, for consulting with the best team of psychologists and psychiatrists in India.
We also conduct workshops and seminars across a range of topics on the lines of implementation of behavioural techniques to improve cognitive function, among others. Our doctors have specializations from well-known institutes and are selected with great care. They are encouraged to update themselves, carry out research and improve the quality of treatment given to our patients. There are conferences and live courses conducted which help the doctors to grow professionally that may be immediately applied to individual practice and system improvement.
Dr Divya Gupta
B.A, Master’s in Human Resource Management, Diploma in Training & Development, Master’s in Clinical Psychology, Certification in Career Counselling
Dr K Jyothirmayi
M.B.B.S, M.D Psychiatry
Dr Madhruma Reddy P
M.A (English), B.Ed (English & social studies), M.Ed, M.Sc. Psychology, M. Phil. (Education), Ph.D. (Education), Ph.D. (English)