Dr Deepthi Nandan Reddy Adla
Designation: Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Qualification: MBBS, Ms(Ortho), M.Sc(Ortho Eng), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Ortho & Tr, UK), CCT(UK), Fellowships Trained in Shoulder/Elbow/HandBook an appointment
Dr Deepthi Nandan Reddy A has a vast experience of over 28 years and is currently working as a Consultant Orthopaedic at Continental Hospitals. He is an esteemed member of British Shoulder Elbow Surgeons, Indian Shoulder Elbow Society, and Indian Orthopaedic Association. He has performed trauma and elective shoulder and elbow surgeries with and without consultant supervision. He has 6 years of higher surgical training with exposure to all subspeciality training in Orthopaedic, which included trauma, Paediatric Orthopaedics, spine surgery, hand surgery, hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, reconstructive and arthroscopic surgeries. He actively participated in clinical audit, teaching and research during my training and consultant posts in the UK. He conducted various presentations nationally as well as internationally. He has been actively involved in informal medical student teaching and had opportunities to teach Senior house officers the basics of Orthopaedic surgery and its concepts. He is currently involved in actively teaching medical students, core trainees and registrars on a daily basis during clinical sessions.
28 Years of Experience
Consultant Orthopaedic, Continental Hospitals
- Mayo traveling Fellowship 2012, awarded by the British Elbow and shoulder society.
- Best presentation in Leicester registrars presentations day June 2005
- Best paper awarded for paper presented on “Study of osteoporosis” in the XXVI annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic association, Andhra Pradesh Chapter 1995.
- Best paper awarded for paper presented on “Pelvic fractures” in the XXVII annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic association, AndhraPradesh Chapter 1996.
- Distinction in Anatomy
- DN Adla, D Stanley. Primary Osteoarthritis of the elbow-an updated review – Shoulder & Elbow, January 2011, Vol.3, Issue 1, p 41-48,
- DN Adla, D Stanley. The Management Options For Distal Humerus Fracture, Operative Elbow Surgery. Chapter16, First Edition, Churchill publications – to be published December 2010.
- D N Adla, M Rowsall, R Pandey. Cost effectiveness of arthroscopic and open cuff repair- J Shoulder Elbow Surg, March 2010; Vol. 19, Issue 2, p. 258-261. J Nichols,
- D N Adla and C. Wildin. Proximal ulnar nerve compression secondary to tophaceous gout, Eur. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, 2009; Vol.19,5, p. 341-343.
- DN Adla, C Kitsis, A Miles. Compression forces generated by mini bone screws-a comparative study on bone model, Injury Jan 2005; vol. 36, no.1, p.64-70 – twelve citations.
- DN Adla, R Hutchison, I Scott. Unusual fracture dislocation of ankle, Case report of fracture dislocation of ankle, J. Bone Joint Surg (Am) Oct 2004; vol.86-A, no.10, p. 2287-9 – three citations.
- DN Adla, A Ali, S Shahane. Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis following a clavicle fracture, Case report of axillary vein thrombosis, Eur. Journal Orthopaedic Surgery Traumatology 2004; 14:177-179 – four citations.
- S.Reddy, G.V.S.Murthy, D. Nandan Adla – Pelvic Fractures, Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 1997 vol. 31, 3:203-205. An observational study of pelvic fractures looking at incidence of visceral injuries and relation to mode of injuries.