Dr Guru N. Reddy
Department: Med & Sur - Gastroenterology
Designation: Founder, Promoter, Director & Sr. Consultant Medical Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.D, FACP, FACG, FASGEBook an appointment
Dr Guru N Reddy is the Sr. Consultant at Continental Institute of Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, India. He founded the seven hundred bed tertiary care Hospital to redefine healthcare in India and with a vision to provide quality patient care with integrity, transparency, collaborative approach and evidence-based medicine.
Dr. Guru N Reddy is the Founder Promoter & Director of Continental Hospitals. He has redefined healthcare in India by providing high-quality patient care with integrity, transparency, collaborative approach and evidence based medicine.
Dr. Reddy graduated from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad with University first rank. With several gold medals, he was also the recipient of Best Outgoing Student award. He then pursued Post-Graduation and Super Specialization in Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases, Transplant Hepatology and Nutrition from the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine in the Texas Medical Center (world’s largest medical center) in Houston, Texas in 1988.
Dr. Reddy is globally recognized as an excellent clinician, superb endoscopist. He held the distinct honor of being a physician partner, serving on the boards of several hospitals, spearheading policy, strategy, and physician relations with unparalled success. Apart from being a remarkable doctor, Dr. Reddy is also a passionate teacher, clinical researcher, and administrator.
He has engaged in numerous vital clinical research programs including FDA clinical trials. He has delivered more than 500 lectures at regional, national and international meets. He served as “Physician Chief of staff” and Board member of several hospitals in Houston, Texas. Dr. Reddy has more than 32 years of clinical experience as a gastroenterologist & hepatologist and has treated about 300,000 patients and has done more than 200,000 endoscopic procedures in his career.
He has treated patients from different regions of the world. His long hours at work many days with 20 hour a day work schedule, helped him to render services to thousands of patients in his lifetime, a feat that he passionately enjoys.
40 Years of Experience
- 2013 – Current
Chairman & Managing Director, Continental Hospitals
- 1988 – Current
President, Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist Digestive & Liver Disease Consultants, P.A.
- 1989 – Current
Clinical Assistant Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
- 2008 – Current
Medical Director & Chair of the Board Memorial Hermann – North Houston Endoscopy & Surgery Center
- Liver Diseases
- Transplant Hepatology
Awards & Honors
- Awarded “Excellent Doctor” from Lions Clubs International at Doctors Day Celebrations in July 2019.
- Awarded “UK & Asia Inspirational Leaders 2018” from WCRC International at UK & Asia Business Awards, Westminister, London, UK in May 2018.
- Awarded “Lifetime Achievement of the year” from Six Sigma Healthcare Excellence Awards in Dec. 2017.
- Awarded “The Legend of the year” in “Gastroenterology & GI Surgery” from Times Healthcare Achievers 2017(The Times of India) in Sept. 2017
- Awarded “Healthcare Entrepreneur of the year” from Six Sigma Healthcare Excellence Awards in Dec. 2015.
- Awarded “Udyoga Ratna” from Delhi Telugu Academy (DTA) in Nov. 2015
- Awarded “Lifetime Achievement” from National Education & Human Resource Development Organization in March 2014.
Outstanding Recognition in US
- Voted in ”Houston’s Top Docs” – H Texas Magazine – 2006-2019 – by a polling of physicians in Houston.
- Voted in ”Top Docs” – Houstonia Magazine 2013-2019 – by a polling of physicians in Houston.
- Voted ”Houston’s Best Physicians in Gastroenterology & Hepatology” – in Health & Fitness Magazine – December 2011.
- Voted ”Top Physicians in the Country” – Newsweek Magazine – May 2011.
- Voted ”President” – Harris County Medical Society (HCMS), the Largest County Medical Society in the United States – 2011.
- Voted ”Best Doctors in Texas” – Newsweek Magazine – June 2010
- Voted ”President” – Houston Academy of Medicine – 2008.
- Voted ”America’s Top Physicians”- Consumer Guide (Consumers’ Research Council of America) 2006
- Hoffmann-La Roche – Genentech 3/12 – Completed PegBase USA (ML 27900) Non-Interventional, Prospective Cohort Study of the Effectiveness, Safety and Utilization of Two Approved Pegylated Interferon-Based Direct Acting Antiviral Triple Therapies in the Management of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C in Routine Clinical Practice in the USA
- Hoffmann-La Roche 2/10 – Completed Prophesys 3 (MV21542)- Observational Study on Predictors of Response in Patients With Treatment-naïve Chronic Hepatitis C Initiated onTreatment With Pegasys (Peginterferon Alfa-2a) or Peginterferon-alfa-2b
- Ira Jacobson, MD, 8/00-08/05 – Completed Comparison of PEG Interferon alfa-2b plus Ribavirin given as a fixed dose or on a weight optimized basis for treatment of Chronic Hepatitis of C in previously untreated subjects.
- Eric Lawitz, MD, 8/00 – Completed A randomized multi-center trial comparing Induction PEG-Intron A Ribavirin versus REG Intron-A Plus Ribavirin in patients who continue to remain non-responsive.
- Arif Ali, MD, 5/00 – Completed A multi-center, randomized, parallel group, active-and-placebo-controlled, Double-Blind study conducted under in-house blinding conditions to determine the Incidence of gastroduodenal ulcers in patients with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis after 12 weeks of treatment with MK-0663, Naproxen, or Placebo.
- Eric J. Lawitz, MD 9/99 – Completed Biochemical, virologic, and histologic evaluation of daily Ribavirin with induction dose rferon followed by daily Interferon for the treatment of chronic Hepatitis C.
- Cliff Brass, MD, PHD 3/97-1/99 – Completed Intron A+ Ribavirin for treatment of patients with Interferon-refractory or Interferon relapsed chronic Hepatitis C.
- Cliff Brass, MD, PHD 6/97-10/98 – Completed Intron A+ Ribavirin for treatment of patients with chronic Hepatitis C not previously treated with Interferon.