Dr Jayakeerthi Y Rao
Designation: Consultant Interventional Cardiologist & Electrophysiologist
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.D, D.M(Cardiology)Book an appointment
Dr Jayakeerthi Y Rao has an overall experience of 12 years and is currently working at Continental Hospitals. He has performed a large number of cases under the guidance of eminent personalities in the field of electrophysiology. He has performed over 1,000 procedures including radiofrequency ablations (both conventional and with 3D mapping), pacemaker implantations, Defibrillator implantations and HF device implantations. He iIntroduced cutting edge technology for the first time in the country – Contact Force
sensing (TAOICATH) inAtrial Fibrillation Ablation. He has conducted various oral presentations. He has also published 2 textbook chapters.
12 Years of Experience
Part Time Consultant Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Virinchi Hospitals
Time Super-Specialist, ESIC Medical College Hospital
Visiting Consultant, Sunshine Hospitals
- October 2008 to April 2010
Assistant Professor, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research
- Pacemaker lead extraction
- Coronary angiogram and angioplasty
- Advanced heart failure care
- Cryoballoon ablation as index procedure for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: long-term results from single center early experience. Rao JV, Chierchia GB, de Asmundis ~ CasadfTArraya R, Overeinder I, Sarkozy A, Paparella G, Copulzini L,Sargente A, Rodriguez-Monera M, Ricciardi 0, Namdar M, Brugada P. JCardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2013 Jun 10.
- Retrograde trans bioprosthetic aortic valve Hisablation. Rao JV,CasadfTAroyo R, Wauters K, Brugada P. JCardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012 Nov;23(11):1262-3.
- Premature ventricular contractions from the outflow tract: 2 sides of the some coin! Rao JV, Sarkozy A, De Asmundis C, Namdar M, Ricciardi 0, Bayrak F, Dalili M, Chierchia GB, Brugada P. JCardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012 Dec;23(12):1395-7.
- A look Into Lee’s score: perioperative cardiovascular risk assessment in non-cardiac surgeries- usefulness of revised cardiac risk index. Rao JV, Yerriswamy MC, Santhosh Ml, snettv GG, Varghese K, Patil CB,Iyengar SS. Indian Heart J. 2012 Mar-Apr;64(2):134-8. A RareComplication of Myocardial Infarction- A New Sign – A case report and literature review.
- Jayakeerthi V, Lokesh, Ravindranath K S, Manjunath C N Indian Heart J. 2010 Jul-Aug;62(4):357-8
- Cardiac Manifestation of Lymphoma- A case report and literature review. Aravind Prasad, Jayakeerthi V, Shivanond Patil, Rangaraj R, Anand H K, Manjunath C N Indian Heart J.2010 Jan-Feb;62(l):72-3