Dr Ram Mohan Reddy Venuthurla
Designation: Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Qualification: MBBS, Ms(Ortho) (PGI), M.Sc(Ortho Eng,UK), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Ortho, UK), CCT(UK)Book an appointment
Dr Ram Mohan Reddy V has an overall experience of 29 years and is currently working as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Continental Hospitals. He has special interest in revision surgery of hips and knees and soft tissue surgery of knees. He has conducted various regional, national, and international presentations like G Selzer, V Reddy, M Faisal, S Drew, M J Aldridge Presentation of four cases of lateral talus process fractures treated in the same unit by different treatment forms. SICOT Trainees Meeting, St Petersburg, Russia (May, 2002), VRM Reddy, A Dorairajan, SJ Krikler. Femoral impaction bone grafting in revision hip
replacement – midterm review British Orthopaedic Annual Congress Meeting. Cardiff, UK (Sept, 2002) Proceedings published in JBJS (Br), 2003; 85-B: 160-Suppl II, VRM Reddy, MM Glasgow. Outcome of paediatric knee problems presenting in the outpatient clinic. Biannual Orthopaedics Audit Meeting. University Hospitals, Norwich. Jan 2000. He has also been instrumental in organising and managing the duty rotas and weekly teaching sessions, co-ordinating and approving leave for the SpRs, clinical fellows, SHOs, and PRHOs.
29 Years of Experience
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Continental Hospitals
- Oct 2002 to Oct 2003
Specialist Registrar in Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Aug 2002 to Sept 2002
Specialist Registrar (LAS) (Trauma & Orthopaedics). Middlesbrough Hospital
- Feb 2002 to Aug 2002
Clinical Fellow (Orthopaedic Oncology) Freeman Hospital,
- Aug 2001 to Feb 2002
Clinical Fellow (Paediatric Orthopaedics / Arthroplasty) Freeman Hospital.
- Feb 1993 to Aug 2001
Senior House Officer (Trauma & Orthopaedics)
- Jul 1992 to Dec 1992
A&E, Post Graduate Institute
- Mar 1997 to Jul 1997
Plastic Surgery, Apollo Hospital
- Oct 1991 to May 1992
General Surgery, Apollo Hospital
- Primary cemented and uncemented hip arthroplasty
- Complex primary knee arthroplasty
- Knee soft tissue reconstruction
- Trauma surgery
- VRM Reddy, K Satheesan, NC Bayliss. Outcome of Boyd-McLeod procedure for recalcitrant lateral epicondylitis of elbow. Accepted for publication. Rheumatology International (Ref: RHEI-D-09-00833)
- A Dorairajan, VRM Reddy, SJ Krikler.Outcome of HA coated cups for acetabular revision arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty 2005; 20(2): 209-218.
- T Okoro, VRM Reddy, Pimpalnerkar A. Coracoid impingement syndrome: a review of literature. Current reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine 2009 Mar; 2(1): 51-5.
- ON Nagi, MS Dhillon, VRM Reddy, K Mathur. Comparison of formalin preserved bone allograft in the form of a paste and as bone chips in fresh femoral fractures with comminution. Singapore Medical Journal 1997; 38(2): 62-67.
- VRM Reddy, G Selzer, M Faisal, MJ Aldridge. Bilateral idiopathic avascular necrosis of talus – case report. Foot & Ankle Surgery 2003; 9: 35-39.
- J Hudson, VRM Reddy, SJ Krikler. Total knee replacement for neglected permanent ! posttraumatic dislocation of patella – case report. The Knee 2003; 10: 207-212.
- VRM Reddy, CH Gerrand, I Hide. Wooden foreign body pseudotumor. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2009; 19: 261-264.
- VRM Reddy. Posterior shoulder dislocation associated with acromion fracture: case report. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2009; 19: 333-336.
- VRM Reddy, T Okoro, W Rennie, A Modi. Coracoid impingement treated with corrective osteotomy. Accepted for publication. J Shoulder & Elbow Surgery (Ref: SAE-2009-102.R1)
- VRM Reddy, A Arun Kumar, PJ John.Anterior shoulder irreducibility due to subscapularis iInterposition – case report. Orthopaedic Update 2001; 11 (3): 78-80.