Dr Ushast Dhir
Department: Department of Liver Transplant and Surgical Gastroenterology
Qualification: MBBS, MS(General Surgery),DNBBook an appointment
Dr Ushat Dhir has an overall experience of over 17 years and is currently working as a Consultant at Continental Hospitals. He has performed and assisted over 80 Living Donor Hepatectomies and Living Donor Liver Transplants. He has also been involved in taking emergency calls and conducting outpatient clinics. He has vast experience in the fields of complex ventral hernia repairs, component separation (open and endoscopic), use of biologic meshes (both intra and extra-peritoneally) and obtaining a functional abdominal wall. He has attended various national as well as international conferences. He has also been involved in various research works like Bariatric Surgery in transplant candidates, Pre operative BMI as predictor of graft outcome in renal transplant patients, Nutrition requirements in ESRD patients after bariatric surgery.
17 Years of Experience
Consultant, Continental Hospitals
Consultant in the Department of Liver Transplant and Surgical Gastroenterology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- July 2014 to Oct 2015
Consultant in Liver transplant and hepatobiliary Surgery at Medanta – The Medicity
- 2010 to 2012
Consultant in Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery at Seven Hills Hospital
- 2009 to 2010
Clinical fellow in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery at University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- 2006 to 2008
Senior Registrar in Minimal Access Surgery Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- 2003 to 2006
General Surgery Maulana Azad Medical College Delhi University
- Deceased Donor Organ retrieval
- Deceased Donor Liver Transplant
- In Situ Split for Liver Transplant
- Living Donor Nephrectomies
- Living Donor Kidney Transplant
- Deceased Donor Kidney Transplant
- Pancreas Transplant
- Complex Hepatectomies
- Hepato-Biliary cases (excluding Cholecystectomy)
- AV Fistula
- Laparoscopic Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter insertion
- Robotic assisted Laparoscopic cases
- Best Oral Paper presentation at World Congress in April 2010 at Washington DC.
- Best Performance at Case Western in FLS conducted by SAGES, USA.
- Authored Book Chapter in Book Titled “Fundamentals in Minimally Invasive Surgery-2010”.
- First Author for article “Non Obstructive Dysphagia” Surgical Endoscopy-Indexed Journal
- First Author for article “Nutritional deficiency after Bariatric Surgery”
- First Author for Case report on “RF ablation and Gastric Bypass- for Barrett’s Mucosa”
- Authored book chapter on Benign Esophageal Disorders
- Vice President Azad Medicos Association
- Best Research Project on Bipolar Disorder
- Distinction Call in Ophthalmology
- Certificate of Appreciation as Guest Speaker in Annual Conference of Associations of Surgeons of India, New Delhi
- Certificate of Appreciation as youngest Poster presenter and attendance in 10th Congress of the Asian Association of Endocrine Surgeons held in Hong Kong March
- Certificate of Appreciation for Oral Presentation in Basic Laparoscopic Course, NUH Singapore
- Certificate of Appreciation as Faculty for conducting course in International Basic Laparoscopic Course for Nurses
- Certificate of Appreciation for Oral Presentation on Seroma: A dilemma in International Workshop on Hernia Repair in Singapore
- Certificate of Appreciation for Oral Presentation on Fixation or No Fixation: In International Workshop on Hernia Repair in Singapore
- Lomanto , U. Dhir, J. B. Y. So, W. K. Cheah, M. A. Moe and K. Y. Ho. Total transvaginal endoscopic abdominal wall hernia repair: a NOTES survival study. Hernia (2009) 13:415-419.
- Sarda AN, Pandey D, Neogi S, Dhir U. Postoperative complications due to a surgical sponge (gossypiboma). Singapore Med J 2007; 48(6): e1-5.
- Dhir U, Lomanto D, Shabbir A, Cheah WK, SO JBY.NOTES-The Scarless Generation Next Surgery. A reality or just hope. Chapter of General Surgeons, College of Surgeons newsletter, Academy of Medicine, Singapore. 3rd issue July2008.
- Sarda AK, Dhir U, Mandal AK. Estrogen Receptor status of testis and epididymis of azoospermic males. Delhi State Chapter Medical Journal, Oct 2006