A nagging cough or slight wheeze may barely register in the course of our busy days, but it's critically important to pay attention to even mild symptoms. Sometimes people think having trouble breathing is just something that comes with getting older. Knowing the early warning signs of lung disease can help you receive treatment before the disease becomes serious or even life threatening.
If you experience any of the following warning signs, make an appointment with your pulmonologist.
1. Chronic cough: A cough that you have had for for weeks or longer is considered chronic. This is an important early symptom that tells you something is wrong with your repository system.
2. Shortness of breath: It's not normal to experience shortness of breath that doesn't go away after exercising or that you have after little or no exertion. Labored or difficult breathing-the feeling that it is hard to breath in out--is also a warning sign
3. Chronic mucus production: Mucus, also called sputum or phlegm, is produced by the airways as a defense against infections or irritants. If your mucus production has lasted a month or longer, this could indicate lung disease
4. Wheezing: Noisy breathing or wheezing is a sign that something unusual is blocking your lungs airways or making them too narrow
5. Coughing up blood: If you are coughing up blood, it may be coming from your lungs or upper respiratory tract. Wherever it's coming from, it signals a health problem.
6. Chronic chest pain: Unexplained chest pain that lasts for a month or more-especially if it gets worse when you breathe in or cough-also is a warning sign
7. Fever, weight loss, loss of appetite, night sweats: with or without any of above mentioned symptoms should prompt you to consult Pulmonologist at earliest
Continental Hospitals is a 550 bedded Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited super speciality hospital with 30+ specialities spread out across 18 floors (1.3 million sq ft located in IT and Financial District of Hyderabad, Gachibowli
Department of Pulmonary medicine at Continental Hospital has state of art infrastructure and all modern facilities available for diagnosis and treatment of any problem related to Pulmonology with 24 hour backup from Emergency and ICU services.