About Dr Guru N Reddy
Dr Guru N Reddy is the Founder & Chairman of Continental Hospitals, and the chief of gastroenterology & liver diseases. A clinician-par-excellence, Dr Reddy has close to four decades of clinical & surgical experience across the US & India and is known as one of the best gastroenterologists in India.
Recognized worldwide as an excellent clinician & endoscopist, he has performed over 200,000 endoscopic procedures during the course of his stellar career and provided treatment to over 300,000 patients. Dr. Reddy is also a passionate teacher, clinical researcher and administrator, and been part of numerous clinical research programs including FDA clinical trials.
An alumnus of the prestigious Osmania Medical College, where he was the gold-medalist and the best outgoing student of his batch, Dr Reddy pursued his post-graduation & super-specialization at the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Medical Center.
He has delivered more than 500 lectures at regional, national and international meets and served as the “Physician Chief of Staff.” He’s a healthcare thought-leader and is a member of the board for several hospitals in Houston, Texas in addition to being an advisor to governments on healthcare matters.
Double Balloon Enteroscopy
Biliary SEMS Placement
Double Balloon Enteroscopy
1. Appointed as an Advisor to the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh (O. Rt. No. 1811 dtd. 31.10.2021) for revamping the facility management services in all Teaching Hospitals, District Hospitals and Area Hospitals including preparation of Standard Operating Procedures for a period of 2 years.
2. Awarded “Excellent Doctor” from Lions Clubs International at Doctors Day Celebrations in July 2019.
3. Awarded “UK & Asia Inspirational Leaders 2018” from WCRC International at UK & Asia Business Awards, Westminister, London, UK in May 2018
4. Awarded “Lifetime Achievement of the year” from Six Sigma Healthcare Excellence Awards in Dec. 2017
5. Awarded “The Legend of the year” in “Gastroenterology & GI Surgery” from Times Healthcare Achievers 2017 (The Times of India) in Sept. 2017
6. Awarded “Healthcare Entrepreneur of the year” from Six Sigma Healthcare Excellence Awards in Dec. 2015
7. Awarded “Udyoga Ratna” from Delhi Telugu Academy (DTA) in Nov. 2015
8. Awarded “Lifetime Achievement” from National Education & Human Resource Development Organization in March 2014
9. Recognized as à Top Gastroenterologist in Houston, Texas by The Leading Physicians of the World 2021 Edition
10. Voted as one of “Houston’s Top Docs” – H Texas Magazine – 2006-2019 – by a polling of physicians in Houston
11. Voted as one of “Top Docs” – Houstonia Magazine 2013-2019 – by a polling of physicians in Houston
12. Voted “Houston’s Best Physicians in Gastroenterology & Hepatology” – in Health & Fitness Magazine – December 2011
13. Voted “Top Physicians in the Country” – Newsweek Magazine – May 2011
14. Elected President – Harris County Medical Society (HCMS), the Largest County Medical Society in the United States – 2011
15. Voted “Best Doctors in Texas” – Newsweek Magazine – June 2010
16. Voted “President” – Houston Academy of Medicine – 2008
17. Voted “America’s Top Physicians”- Consumer Guide (Consumers’ Research Council of America) 2006