Dr Nishanth Sinha
Designation: Senior Consultant Pulmonologist
Qualification: MBBS, DNB Respiratory Medicine(CMC Vellore).Book an appointment
Dr Nishant Sinha is an aluminus of Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute and Christian Medical College, Vellore. After completing his post-graduation in Pulmonary Medicine from CMC Vellore, he worked in the department of Pulmonary Medicine at CMC Vellore as a teaching faculty. He was offered Royal College of Physicians International Fellowship and worked in UK for 2 years where he gained extensive experience in EBUS, Thoracoscopy, Rigid Bronchoscopy, Non-invasive Ventilation, and Sleep Medicine. During his stint in UK at Basildon University Hospital, he was seconded to Royal Brompton Hospital, London where he spent time in National Pulmonary Hypertension Unit and Interstitial Lung Disease Unit and gained more experience in managing Complex Lung Problems with Multidisciplinary Team Approach.
He has more than 10 years of experience working in the best institutes both in India and overseas. He is a regular teaching faculty and speaker in various national conferences and workshops related to Bronchoscopy, Lung Ultrasound, Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS).
- Registrar Post Graduate,DNB Respiratory Medicine, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, CMC Vellore
- Teaching Faculty, Tutor, Department of Pulmonary Medicine CMC Vellore
- Consultant, Interventional Pulmonary Unit, Fortis Hospital, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore.
- Senior Registrar, RCP MTI Fellow, Basildon University Hospital and Essex Cardiothoracic Center, NHS Foundation Trust, Basildon, UK
- Consultant and Incharge of Respiratory Unit, Care Hospitals,Hitec City, Hyderabad – Started The First Endo Bronchial Ultrasonography Unit in Care Hospitals Group.
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS- both Linear and Radial)
- Thoracic ultrasound and guided Interventions
- Bronchoscopy including Endobronchial and Transbronchial Lung biopsy
- Provide Meticulous clinical care and excellent communication to all his patients
Areas of Interest
- Lung Cancer diagnostic pathways.
- Evaluation of Cough
- Asthma/COPD/Difficult asthma
- Interstitial Lung Disease including sarcoidosis
- Non-Invasive Ventilation
- Evaluation of a patient with unexplained breathlessness
- Indian Chest Society Travel Grant award, NAPCON 2009(National Pulmonary Conference, India).
- Sampath, K., Pridvi, J., Anil, A., Ranjith, K., Swati, L. and Nishant, S. (2019) A Rare Case of Synchronous Presentation of Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Lung Cancer. Journal of Cancer Therapy, 10, 471-475. doi: 10.4236/jct.2019.106039.
- Nishant Sinha, Muhammad Tufail, Odiri Eneje, Syed Abbas, Bernard Yung, Kanwar Pannu, Dipak Mukherjee. Endobronchial ultrasound guided transbronchial needle aspiration (EBUS TBNA) reduces time for diagnosis of lung cancer if used as the initial diagnostic test of choice. Eur Respir J 2016; 48: Suppl. 60, 2808.
- Nishant Sinha, Vivek Padegal, Satish Satya Narayana, H K Santosh. Pulmonary cement embolization after vertebroplasty, an uncommon presentation of pulmonary embolism: A case report and literature review; Lung India 2015 Nov-Dec; 32 (6): 602-604
- Nishant Sinha, Vivek Padegal, Deepthi Jermely, Satish Satyanarayana, H K Santosh. Endobronchial ultrasound guided needle aspiration of a paraspinal mass with prior failed multiple diagnostic interventions: A case report and literature review. Lung India 2014 Oct Dec; 31 (4): 401-403.
- Sangeeth Kumar Kasilingam, Nishant Sinha, Vivekanand Kambar, Manjunath B Govindagoudar. Mediastinal tubercular lymph node eroding into pericardium causing acute pyopericardium and cardiac tamponade. Tropical Doctor 2014; 44 (2): 114-5
- Jackin Moses R, Nishant Sinha, Madhusmita M, Kisku KH, Manjiri P. Idiopathic pulmonary hemosiderosis without hemoptysis in an adult: A rare presentation. International Journal of Case Reports and Images 2014; 5 (3): 230-234
- Nishant Sinha, DJ Christopher, John Jude, Prince James, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore. Prospective study of infectious bacterial aetiology in acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a tertiary care hospital in South India. Poster in European Respiratory Society Annual Congress 2010, Barcelona, Spain; http://f1000research.com/posters/579.
- Nishant Sinha, DJ Christopher, Balamugesh T, Prince James, Richa Gupta; Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore. Intrapleural tranexemic acid for life-threatening hemothorax – case series of successful treatment; Poster presentation, NAPCON, 2008, Lucknow, India.
- Oral Presentation: Oral paper presentation under J.C. Kothari Young Scientist Award: Presented my Thesis project in NAPCON 2009(National Pulmonary Conference, India).