Dr Ruju Doshi
Department: Radiology & Nuclear Medicine
Designation: Sr Consultant - Radiology
Qualification: MBBS, DMRE, MD, DNB
Experience: 22 years
Languages known: English, Hindi, TeluguBook an appointment
Dr Ruju Doshi is the senior consultant for radiology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad. With over two decades of experience, she is one of the best radiologists in Hyderabad. She holds an MD & DNB in radiology and is trained at the Fetal Medicine Foundation (UK) radiology specialist for Nuchal scans and other antenatal scans.
Her areas of expertise include breast imaging, hepatobiliary & gastrointestinal imaging, transplant imaging, fetal and women’s imaging amongst others.
Dr Ruju is a pioneer in 3D perianal imaging and has done over 2000 scans in her illustrious career. A two-time recipient of the “Certificate of Merit” award from the prestigious – Radiology society of North America, she has been pivotal in the setting up of the department of radiology at Continental Hospitals. She is an expert in endo-anal/perianal scans for evaluation of pelvic floor & anal sphincters after postpartum perineal tear, for incontinence and for anal fistulae /abscesses evaluation.
In addition to her clinical experience, she is a regular faculty for the Indian Radiology & Imaging Association and has delivered multiple presentations on various topics across several national and state conferences.
- 1998: MBBS, from BJ Medical College & Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad
- 2000: Diploma in Radiology & Electrology (DMRE), from KM School of Post Graduate Medicine & Research
- 2001: MD in Diagnostic Radiology, from Gujarat University
- 2002: DNB in Radio-Diagnosis, from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Body imaging and women’s imaging
- 3D Perineal imaging / 3D Perianal imaging / Endoanal imaging
- Mammography, sonographic or stereotactic guided breast biopsy
- Antenatal scans including 3D/4D & fetal echo
- Liver and breast elastography
- Liver and renal transplant imaging
- Certificate of merit” award twice by the prestigious – Radiology society of North America, in 2010 and in 2015 for pioneering work in perianal imaging presented in annual conference at Chicago.
- Winner of award category oral paper in national conference of IRIA (2011) held at Delhi, on topic “Elastography in breast lesions”.
- Acceptance in “Invest in youth” program by European society of Radiology, Vienna 2010.
- Recipient of IRIA travelling scholarship for Korean congress of Radiology 2010.
- First rank in D.M.R.E, Gujarat University, in March 2000.
- Second Rank in M.D.(Radiology), Gujarat University in June 2001.
- Gold Medal for first rank in M.B.B.S. Degree from Gujarat University in 1996.
- Motibhai D. Patel Gold Medal for highest marks in the subject of Surgery from Gujarat University in 1996.
- Member of Indian Radiology and imaging association (IRIA)
- Member of Breast imaging society of India (BISI)
- Member of Society for fetal Medicine (SFM India)
- Member of International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)