Dr Senthil Kumar
Department: HPB & Liver Transplantation
Designation: HOD & Sr Consultant - HPB Surgery & Liver Transplants
Qualification: MBBS, MS, FRCS (Ed), FRCS (CCT, UK)
Experience: 27 years
Languages known: English, Hindi, TamilBook an appointment
Dr Senthil Kumar is the Head of the Department & Senior Consultant for HPB Surgery & Liver Transplant at Continental Hospitals. An alumnus of the prestigious Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research and Trained in the UK, Dr Senthil is one of the best liver transplant surgeons in India. A clinician, surgeon, and academician, he has over 30 years of stellar experience in the field of upper GI surgery, liver transplants and HPB surgeries.
He was the professor of HPB surgery & liver transplant at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai. And in addition to his time in the UK, he has spent time at the Asan institute, Seoul as a visiting scholar in the department of Liver transplantation.
Dr Senthil is an expert in live donor liver transplants, hepatobiliary surgeries, upper GI procedures, amongst others. He is widely travelled, and published in prestigious journals worldwide.
- 1991: MBBS from Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, University of Pondicherry, India
- 1995: MS (General Surgery) from Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, University of Pondicherry, India
- 1998: FRCS from The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- 2011: FRCS (HPB & UGI) from Intercollegiate Specialty Board, UK
- Liver Transplants
- Hepatobiliary Disorders
- Pancreatic Disorders
- Upper GI Disorders
- Awarded the S.B.SEN Gold medal and citation for an outstanding performance in the postgraduate university exit exams in General Surgery, 1995
- Distinction in Pathology in the undergraduate university exams, 1989
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council
- Delhi Medical Council