Best Surgical Gastroenterology Hospital in Hyderabad
The department of surgical gastroenterology at Continental Hospitals offers excellence in surgical treatment & care for all ailments of the digestive system. The digestive system comprises of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum in addition to the pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, and liver, and the department of gastroenterology is focused on surgical care for all ailments of these organs.
Continental Hospitals is one of the best hospitals in India for gastroenterological surgeries, renowned for its superior patient care and excellent patient outcomes. Endowed with an expert team of gastroenterological surgeons and liver transplant specialists it remains our everyday endeavor to deliver world-class gastroenterological care for patient suffering of a wide range of stomach and liver-related ailments.
A compassionate and dedicated nursing team, state-of-the-art infrastructure, advanced surgical protocols and world-class standards of gastroenterological care makes us one of the best gastroenterology hospitals in the country.
At Continental Hospitals, in addition, to excellent surgical treatment for ailments, we remain steadfastly committed to preventive gastroenterological care as well. Our modern lifestyle, dietary habits, and sedentary work makes us susceptible to various types of gastric ailments, however, with simple lifestyle changes, daily dose of exercise and proper diet it is possible to prevent several gastric ailments or delay their possible onset.
With comprehensive post-operative care to ensure smooth recuperation of our patients and transition to normalcy, we remain steadfast in our endeavor to provide an excellent & holistic patient experience. Post-surgical procedures often require careful observation of the patient's diet, movement and psychological functions, our excellent nursing team along with various experts from sub-specialties thus, take a collaborative approach to ensure all of the patient's medical and emotional needs in the convalescing period.
Diseases & Conditions
The Department of Surgical Gastroenterology at Continental Hospitals provides excellent treatment & care for a wide array of gastroenterological & liver ailments as listed below:
- Acid reflux disease
- Acute pancreatitis
- Celiac disease
- Chron’s disease
- Chronic diarrhea
- Chronic liver disease
- Fatty liver disease
- Gall bladder stones
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Lactose intolerance
- Liver cirrhosis
- Liver failure
- Localized abdominal pain
- Nausea & vomiting
- Peptic ulcers
The department of surgical gastroenterology at Continental Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities for the early detection and diagnosis of all types of gastroenterological and liver diseases. Diagnosis for gastric ailments is performed with the help of tests including – blood tests, imaging tests, endoscopic procedures amongst others.
Our team of expert surgical gastroenterologists ensure that every patient undergoes a thorough and necessary diagnostic procedures to identify gastric and liver problems accurately, and adequately to arrive at an appropriate treatment plan.
The specialized diagnostic procedures undertaken for identifying gastric and liver diseases include:
- Complete blood picture – A complete and accurate analysis of an individual’s blood & blood component levels
- Fecal occult blood test – An investigation to ascertain hidden traces of blood in the stool samples
- Stool culture – An investigation that ascertains possibilities of abnormal bacterial presence in the digestive tract
- X-rays – Specialized x-ray procedures to check for abnormalities of the gastrointestinal organs
- CT Scans – An imaging technique to create detailed images of the gastrointestinal organs for in-depth analysis of the abdominal organs
- MRI Scans – An imaging methodology that employs radio waves & magnetic resonance to scan internal organs & tissues
- Ultrasound Scans – An imaging methodology that uses high-frequency sound waves to provide images of the blood vessels, tissues, and organs
- Colonoscopy – An investigative procedure using a small tube-like structure with a camera that allows the physician to view inside the colon (large intestine) to identify abnormalities, bleeding, ulcers and other ailments.
- ECRP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) – An investigative method that allows the physician a view inside of the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas to ascertain abnormalities and ailments of the said organs.
- EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy) – An investigative method that allows the physician a view inside of the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas to ascertain abnormalities and ailments of the said organs.
The department of surgical gastroenterology at Continental Hospitals offers excellence in surgery & care for all types of ailments of the stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and the intestines. We have an expert panel of surgical gastroenterologists, hepatologists and transplant specialists with decades of experience in treating the most complicated gastroenterological ailments.
The course of treatment & method of surgery for each patient varies from the type of disease, co-morbidities, patient history & lifestyle, among other factors. From surgical interventions to lifestyle alterations, and to procedures and transplants, the department of cardiology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad offers the complete spectrum of treatment options for all gastroenterological ailments.
Gastroenterological surgeries & procedures offered at Continental Hospitals Hyderabad include:
- Upper GI endoscopy – Also known as EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy), it is employed for the treatment of problems in the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
- Hiatal hernia repair – A laparoscopic repair or Nissen fundoplication is recommended for the hiatal hernia repair.
- Anti-reflux surgery – A laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery called Nissen fundoplication is performed in the treatment of GERD when medication does not work.
- Gastrectomy – A surgical procedure to treat stomach cancer, in which a part or the entire stomach is removed.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy – This is a surgical removal of the gallbladder for the treatment of painful gallstones.
- Hepatectomy – This is the surgical removal of the entire or a part of the liver and is often performed for the treatment of benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancerous) hepatic tumors.
- Pancreatectomy – This is a surgical procedure to remove a part or the entire pancreas and is used in the treatment of pancreatic cancers.
- Splenectomy – This is the surgical procedure to remove spleen from the body and is performed to treat primary cancers of the spleen and to treat a disease called hereditary spherocytosis.
- Esophagectomy – This is a procedure to remove some or most of the esophagus with sometimes a part of the stomach or lymph nodes also removed. It is used to treat esophageal cancer.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP) – This is a procedure used for the treatment of pancreatic diseases. It plays a role in gallstone pancreatitis and complicated acute and chronic pancreatitis.
- Double balloon enteroscopy - This is a incision-less procedure performed to reach and treat less-accessible colon polyps or areas of bleeding in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Ablative Therapies performed at Continental Hospitals.
- Cyberknife Radiosurgery
- Complex Hernia Repair
Hernia Repairs at Continental Hospitals
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair
- Open Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Open Ventral Hernia Repair
- Preoperative Progressive Pneumoperitoneum
Interventional Radiology Procedures at Continental Hospitals
- Portal Vein Embolization (PVE)
- Yttrium-90 Radioembolization
Liver Procedures at Continental Hospitals
- Liver Biopsy
- Liver Resection
Pancreas Procedures at Continental Hospitals
- Autologous Islet Cell Transplantation
- Whipple Procedure
Technology & Facilities
The department of surgical gastroenterology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad is known as one of the best hospitals for gastric & liver surgeries in India, because of the excellent infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities. We remain steadfast in our commitment to provide, prevent, and improve gastroenterological and liver care for every single one of our patients.
Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and world-class infrastructure to deliver excellence in gastroenterological care, Continental Hospitals has consistently set a benchmark for the highest standards of medical care for all its patients.
The facilities at Continental Hospitals for cardiac care include a state-of-the-art Endoscopy & Motility Suite with six procedure rooms - equipped with advanced diagnostic endoscopic tools and equipment. Our center follows international standard hospital sterilization procedures to ensure minimal healthcare-associated infections. And thus far, we have maintained a 0% cross-infection rate.
Continental Hospitals is one of the best hospitals in India for gastroenterological surgeries with an expert panel of gastroenterological and liver specialists. We are renowned for our superior patient care and excellent patient outcomes as it remains our everyday endeavor to deliver world-class gastroenterological surgeries for patients suffering of a wide range of stomach and liver-related ailments.
Our expert panel of Surgical gastroenterologists include:
Dr A. Dinakar Reddy
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), M Ch (Surgical Gastroenterology), FIAGES, EFIAGES, FACRSI, FALS (UGI), FALS (Robotic)
HOD- Surgical Gastroenterology & Sr Consultant - Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery
Dr Ganesh Gorthi
FACS (US), FBS (UK), FALS in Robotic Surgery, (FRCS UK), MRCS (UK), MS (General Surgery)
HOD - Robotic Surgery & Senior Consultant - Surgical Gastroenterology
Dr Y Satish Reddy (Dr YSR)
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Surgical Gastroenterology), FIAGES, FALS (Robotics), FMAS, CCEBDM
Sr Consultant - GI & General Surgery and ROBOTIC- LASER - LAPROSCOPIC Surgeon
What are the 5 diseases of the digestive system?
Some of the common diseases of the digestive system include - acid reflux disease, acute pancreatitis, celiac disease, Chron’s disease, chronic liver disease, constipation, fatty liver disease, gall bladder stones, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, liver disorders and others.
What diseases can be detected by an endoscopy?
An endoscopy is a minor surgical procedure that is undertaken to ascertain disorders associated with the gastrointestinal tract – esophagus, stomach, small intestines, gall bladder etc., the procedure usually takes half an hour and the patient is discharged within two hours.
How serious is appendix surgery?
An appendectomy is a minor surgical procedure that can now be performed via minimally invasive methods for the removal of the appendix when it becomes infected. It is not a major or life-threatening procedure and the patient is likely to be discharged within one day of the procedure.