Best Psychiatry Hospital in Hyderabad
The Department of Psychiatry and Psychology at Continental Hospitals excellence in treatment & care for all mental illnesses and psychological disorders. The pulls & pressures of our lives, stressful work environments, and overall pattern of modern living has made us more susceptible and at greater risk of mental illnesses than ever before. At Continental Hospitals, we understand and empathize with suffering in silence and encourage everyone to speak up, find help, and find the cure.
With world-class mental health practitioners, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and a dedicated approach to improving mental health, we are one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad for psychiatry and psychological ailments.
Led by a team of internationally trained and highly specialized neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychologists, and psychiatrists, Continental remains committed to delivering the highest standards in mental healthcare to everyone. From children to adolescents, working professionals to the elderly – we at Continental Hospitals understand the different pressures for different age groups, genders, backgrounds etc., and endeavor to deliver personalized care for everyone.
Diseases & Conditions
Department of psychiatry & psychology at Continental Hospitals provides excellent treatment & care for all mental health ailments. Mental illnesses and include depression, schizophrenia, and a host of other disorders such as anxiety, panic, attention deficit, bipolar, obsessive-compulsive, and post-traumatic stress. All of these are complex, painful, often debilitating conditions that alter the perceptions, feelings, and behaviors of those who suffer from them.
There is a considerable population today that service from challenges of stress, post-traumatic stress, post-partum stress, and so on. These are based on their life experiences, backgrounds, and other factors, including economic hardships, immigration challenges, homelessness, and others.
Some of the commonly treated mental illnesses at Continental Hospitals include:
- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders such as delusions, hallucinations, and disorganized thinking and speech
- Bipolar and related disorders including disorders with alternating episodes of mania — periods of excessive activity, energy and excitement — and depression.
- Depressive disorders, which affect your emotional feelings.
- Anxiety disorders characterized by the anticipation of future danger or misfortune, along with excessive worrying
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders. These disorders involve preoccupations or obsessions and repetitive thoughts and actions.
- Trauma- and stressor-related disorders. These are adjustment disorders in which a person has trouble coping during or after a stressful life event.
- Dissociative disorders in which your sense of self is disrupted, such as dissociative identity disorder and dissociative amnesia.
- Somatic symptoms and related disorders. The disorders include somatic symptom disorder, illness anxiety disorder, and factitious disorder.
- Feeding and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and binge-eating disorder.
- Elimination disorders relate to the inappropriate elimination of urine or stool by accident or on purpose. Bed-wetting (enuresis) is an example.
- Sleep-wake disorders such as insomnia, sleep apnea, and restless legs syndrome.
- Sexual dysfunctions such as premature ejaculation and female orgasmic disorder.
- Substance-related and addictive disorders associated with the excessive use of alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, and drugs.
- Personality disorders involve a lasting pattern of emotional instability and unhealthy behavior that causes problems in your life and relationships.
- Gender dysphoria
- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders such as kleptomania or intermittent explosive disorder.
The department of psychiatry & psychology at Continental Hospitals takes a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis of mental illnesses. A thorough clinical examination, assessment by expert psychologists, and any necessary investigations are all carried out to ensure an accurate and appropriate understanding of the illnesses.
The assessment & investigation of mental health issues at Continental Hospitals involves the following:
Physical examination to rule out any possibility of physical causes of symptoms seen in the patient
Pathological laboratory tests to eliminate other possible causes such as thyroid existence, alcohol or drug intake, etc.
Personal interaction to understand - feelings, behavioral patterns, habits, and other symptoms to analyze the state of the patient.
Questionnaire-based analysis to get a lead of symptoms and problem areas.
The department of psychiatry & psychology at Continental Hospitals offers excellence in treatment & care for all types of mental health disorders. We have an expert panel of psychiatrists & psychologists with decades of experience in treatment of all types of mental illnesses and mental health disorders.
The course of treatment planned for each patient varies from the symptoms, lifestyle factors, socio-economic backgrounds, among other factors. From clinical interventions to lifestyle alterations, counselling, and others the department of psychiatry at Continental Hospitals, offers the best treatment for mental illnesses in Hyderabad.
The common methods of treatments employed at Continental Hospitals include:
- Clinical Intervention with medications such as anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medication, mood-stabilizing, and antipsychotic medicines.
- Psychotherapy & counselling which involves talking about your condition and related issues with a mental health professional. With complete privacy & confidentiality, at Continental Hospitals you can open-up & speak-up on any issue and find a helpful ear.
- Brain-stimulation treatments of the best type such as electroconvulsive therapy, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation, and vagus nerve stimulation are used in treating neurological disorders.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs are available at Continental Hospitals when the patient is in danger of harming himself or someone else. This includes 24-hour inpatient care, partial or day hospitalization, or residential treatment, which offers a temporary supportive place to live.
- Substance misuse treatment for patients who suffer from mental illnesses due to the use of substances such as drugs or alcohol, which interfere with ongoing treatment.
Technology & Facilities
The department of psychiatry & psychology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad is known as one of the best hospitals for mental illnesses and mental health disorders. State-of-the-art infrastructure at Continental Hospitals include facilities for clinical interventions, a serene & peaceful atmosphere for patients to be comfortable during their counselling sessions, and world-class laboratories for diagnosis and patient assessments.
Continental Hospitals has consistently set a benchmark for the highest standards of mental health care as our expert panel of psychiatrists & psychologists remain committed to delivering the finest mental health care.
Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad provides you the best Psychology doctors in the country. Our Psychology consultants are widely renowned in their respective fields and come with a wide range of experience and expertise, with qualifications from premier institutes. Specialists in various branches of Psychology, our doctors deliver comprehensive treatment and care. Visit us at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad, for consulting with the best team of psychologists and psychiatrists in India.
We also conduct workshops and seminars across a range of topics on the lines of implementation of behavioural techniques to improve cognitive function, among others. Our doctors have specializations from well-known institutes and are selected with great care. They are encouraged to update themselves, carry out research and improve the quality of treatment given to our patients. There are conferences and live courses conducted which help the doctors to grow professionally that may be immediately applied to individual practice and system improvement.
M.A (English), B. Ed (English & Social Studies), M. Ed, M. Sc (Clinical Psychology), M. Phil. (Education), Ph.D. (Education), Ph.D. (English). D.Litt.
Consultant - Psychology
Ms. Divya Gupta
Professional Diploma in Clinical Psychology, Masters in Psychology, Masters in business Administration – HR and Certified Career Counsellor (UCLA)
Consultant - Clinical Psychology
Dr Jyothirmayi Kotipalli
M.B.B.S, M.D Psychiatry, MRCPsych(UK)
Consultant - Psychiatry
Dr Daljeet Kaur
MBBS, MRCPsych (UK), GMHE (IIMB)
Consultant - Psychiatry
What are the major psychological disorders?
Anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, neurodevelopmental disorders, schizophrenia, ADHD are some of the most common psychological disorders. In the urban populace there is an increased incidence of depression and anxiety caused by stress and disturbed work-life balance.
What is the main cause of anxiety?
Increased stress, peer pressure, disturbed work-life balance, are some of the most common causes resulting in anxiety.
Is anxiety a form of mental illness?
Anxiety is a form illness and, in many cases, can also be a manifestation of a mental illness. In some cases, anxiety becomes the underlying cause for other serious mental illnesses as well.
What are the causes of depression?
Increased stress, peer pressure, loneliness, substance abuse, disturbed childhood, mid-life crisis, post-partum stress are some of the common causes associated with depression.