Best Heart Hospital in Hyderabad
The department of cardiology at Continental Hospitals offers excellence in treatment & care for all cardiac ailments. We are one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad for heart diseases, renowned for superior patient care & excellent patient outcomes. An expert team of cardiac consultants and interventional cardiologists deliver world-class cardiac care for patient suffering of a wide range of cardiac ailments including – coronary artery disease, congenital heart disease, aortic stenosis, irregular heartbeat, abnormal heart rhythm, heart failure, amongst others.
A compassionate and dedicated nursing team, state-of-the-art infrastructure, advanced operation theaters and post-operative care makes us one of the best hospitals for cardiology in Hyderabad.
At Continental Hospitals, in addition, to excellent treatment for ailments, we remain steadfastly committed to preventive care as well. Our modern lifestyle makes us susceptible to various types of heart ailments, however, with simple lifestyle changes it is possible to prevent several heart ailments or delay their possible onset.
Diseases & Conditions
Department of cardiology at Continental Hospitals provides excellent treatment & care for a wide array of heart diseases as listed below:
- Angina: Common chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart muscles.
- Atrial Septal Defect: Is a common congenital heart disorder wherein a baby is born with a hole in the wall (septum) that separates the two upper chambers (atria) of the heart.
- Cardiac Arrhythmia: Variations in the electrical signals that alters the regular heartbeat rate.
- Cardiomyopathy: A disease of the heart muscle making it make harder for the heart to pump blood to the body
- Congenital Heart Disease: Is an abnormality or defect of the heart that an individual carries from the time of birth wherein the heart or the blood vessels near the heart do not develop normally adequately.
- Congestive Cardiac Failure: Is the inability of the heart to pump blood with normal efficiency causing the heart muscles to work harder to pump blood to the body.
- Coronary Artery Disease: Build-up of plaque in the walls of the coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart.
- Dyspnea: Shortness of breath caused by heart or lung disorders.
- Hypertension: Is blood pressure exerted by the circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels, making them susceptible to hemorrhage.
- Hypertensive Heart Disease: Is a heart condition caused by high blood pressure resulting in thickening of heart muscles, coronary artery disease and others.
- Ischemic Heart Disease: Is a heart condition wherein fatty plaque deposits narrow arterial walls leading reducing blood flow to the heart muscles.
- Myocardial Infarction: Commonly known as heart attack, is the permanent damage to the heart muscle leading to heart failure.
- Rheumatic Heart Disease: Is the damage to the heart valves by rheumatic fever.
- Ventricular Septal Defect: Is a common congenital heart disorder wherein a baby is born with a hole in the wall (septum) that separates the two upper chambers (atria) of the heart.
The department of cardiology at Continental Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities for the early detection and diagnosis of all types of heart diseases. Our team of expert cardiac consultants & interventional cardiologists ensure that every patient undergoes a thorough and necessary diagnostic procedures to identify cardiac ailments early, accurately, and adequately to arrive at an appropriate treatment plan.
The specialized diagnostic procedures undertaken for identifying heart-diseases:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) – An ECG scans and records the electrical signals in the heart and provides an insight into the rate at which the heart is beating.
- Echocardiogram (2D Echo) – A 2D Echo employs sound waves to create 2-dimensional images of the heart and helps provide an insight into the movement of the blood through the heart and heart valves.
- Stress Test – During the course of a stress test the patient is made to walk on a treadmill or ride a stationary bike and the doctors record/monitor the condition of the heart during this period. This helps in analyzing the performance & condition of the heart under stress.
- Coronary Angiogram – This is a diagnostic procedure undertaken to identify and repair blockages in the heart arteries. The procedure is performed with a long, thin, flexible tube – known as a catheter inserted into the blood vessel. Doctors inject a specialized dye through the catheter, which helps identify the pattern of blood flow in the heart and possible blockages in the same.
- Cardiac CT – A cardiac CT is performed to diagnose coronary artery diseases, and typically formed on patients suffering with an irregular heart rhythm.
- Cardiac MRI – A cardiac MRI creates detailed images of the heart using magnetic waves, and cardiologists often use a specialized dye to have a better visualization of the heart and the blood vessels.
The department of cardiology at Continental Hospitals offers excellence in treatment for all types of heart diseases. We have an expert panel of interventional cardiologists with decades of experience in treating complicated and acute heart ailments.
Course of treatment for each patient varies from the type of disease, co-morbidities, patient history & lifestyle, among other factors. From clinical interventions to lifestyle alterations, the department of cardiology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad offers the complete spectrum of treatment options for all cardiac diseases.
Interventional procedures performed by the expert interventional cardiologists at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad include:
- Angioplasty & Stenting (PTCI)
- Atrial Septal Defect Closure
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Carotid Stenting
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure
- Septal Ablation
Technology & Facilities
The department of cardiology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad is known as one of the best heart hospitals in Hyderabad, because of the excellent infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities. We remain steadfast in our commitment to provide, prevent, and improve cardiac care for every single one of our patients.
Continental Hospitals has consistently set a benchmark for the highest standards of medical care. Equipped with state-of-the-art operation theatres and advanced infrastructure to deliver excellence in cardiac care. An expert panel of cardiac surgeons perform all kinds of invasive and non-invasive procedures at the hospital.
The facilities at Continental Hospitals for cardiac care include:
- Cardiac Preventive & Nutrition Centre
- Advanced Heart Failure Centre
- Arrhythmia Centre
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Services
- Electrophysiology Lab with 3D Cardiac Mapping & Radio Ablation System
- Echocardiography (2D & 3D) Lab
Best Heart Specialist in Hyderabad
At Continental Hospitals we have an expert team of cardiac consultants and interventional cardiologists delivering world-class cardiac care for patient suffering of a wide range of cardiac ailments including – coronary artery disease, congenital heart disease, aortic stenosis, irregular heartbeat, abnormal heart rhythm, heart failure, amongst others.
With wide range of experience and expertise, our interventional cardiologists are some of the best cardiologists in Hyderabad and offer comprehensive and compassionate care for all cardiac ailments. Our focus is as much on preventive care as it is on interventional care and treatment.
Dr Krishna Mohan Lalukota
MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCP (London)
Sr Consultant - Interventional Cardiology & Director - Cardiac Centre
Dr Meeraji Rao Dandangi
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Cardiology), FACC, FSCAI, FICC
Sr Consultant - Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology
Dr Abhishek Mohanty
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Cardiology)
Consultant - Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology
Dr Satyajit Govindrao Mehetre
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DNB
Consultant - Cardiology & Echocardiography
Dr A Rama Krishnudu
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Cardiology)
Consultant - Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology
Dr Syed Mustaq M Quadri
MBBS, FCD, PG Dip in Clinical Cardiology, PGCD (Boston)
Consultant - Cardiology
What are 3 signs of a heart attack?
The three most common signs associated with a heart attack would be chest pain or chest discomfort, shortness of breath, weakness or fatigue. The individual may also experience pain and discomfort in the neck & jaw region, one or both arms and shoulders, and overall discomfort in the upper part of the body.
Does stress cause heart attacks?
Yes, chronic stress does elevate the risk of heart attacks. Stress causes an increase in your blood pressure which in turn increases the risk of a heart attack.
How do I know if I have heart problems?
Consistent discomfort or pain in the chest region, persistent fatigue, breathlessness, pain or numbness in the limbs are some of the common symptoms that indicate the possibility of a heart problem.
Why angioplasty is done?
An angioplasty is performed to clear blockages of the coronary arteries. This is an interventional procedure wherein a cardiologist uses a short-wire mesh tube inserted into the coronary artery using a catheter to first clear existing blockages and then prevent collapsing/blocking of the artery using a stent.
What is the procedure of angiography?
An angiography is a procedure that helps cardiologists view the flow of blood in the cardiac arteries. This is done with the help of a special dye injected into the blood which then shows up on x-rays helping cardiologists identify the possible blockages in the cardiac arteries.
Can angiography remove blockages?
Angiography helps the cardiologist ascertain blockages of the cardiac arteries. A different procedure known as angioplasty is performed to remove the blockages. In many cases, angioplasty or stenting is performed at the same time as an angiogram.
Who needs a pacemaker?
Patients with irregular heartbeat – either too slow or too fast – will require a pacemaker to regulate the heart rhythm. Common signs associated with irregular heart rhythm include – persistent fatigue, fainting, inability to carry out physically exhaustive tasks, frequent heart palpitations amongst others.