Dr Vijay V. Yeldandi
Department: Infectious Diseases
Designation: Chief of Infectious Diseases & Director of the Inflammatory Disorders Clinic
Qualification: M.D., FACP, FCCP, FIDSA
Experience: 36 years
Languages known: English, Hindi, TeluguBook an appointment
Professor Vijay V. Yeldandi, is the chief of infectious diseases, Chairman Hospital Infection Control Committee and director of the Inflammatory Disorders Clinic at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad. Dr Yeldandi has a special interest in infections complicating autoimmune disorders; transplantation as well as patients with HIV infection and other infections related to travel. He has expertise in managing diseases of the immune system and inflammatory disorders, with over three decades of experience in both USA and India. He embraces state-of-the-art technology with compassion to empower individuals to take ownership of their own health and have a purposeful life with autonomy and dignity.
A clinician and educator, he is an alum of the prestigious Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, and trained as a superspecialist (fellowship) in infectious diseases at Loyola University of Chicago. A resolute advocate for patient safety and infection prevention; he has received numerous awards for excellence in teaching and leadership for public health in India. He is a member of the Community of Practice for “Implementing Public Policy” Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He serves as an advisor to the Ministry of Health (Technical Resource Group of NACO) and for Infection Prevention and Control (Government of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh)
- Infectious Diseases
- Inflammatory Disorders
- Transplantation Medicine
- Patient-safety and Infection Prevention and Control
- Implementation science
- Most Distinguished Physician Award: American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin. 40th Annual Convention. San Antonio Texas. USA. June 23-26, 2022
- Fullbright Specialist December 2019- December 2022
- Vanguard Leadership Academy graduated February 2012
- APMGUSA Leadership award for outstanding contributions towards Global Health Projects (Federation of Andhra Pradesh Medical Graduates in USA)
- Award of Recognition for Outstanding Leadership 2009: Resurrection Westlake Hospital
- Golden Apple, 2008: Resurrection Westlake Residency Program.
- Distinguished Physician Award: 2007 Indian American Medical Association, Illinois
- Most Distinguished Physician Award: 2005 Osmania University Medical Alumni Association of America
- Golden Apple, 2003: Resurrection Westlake Residency Program.
- Bronze Apple, 1996: Loyola University Medical Center, Department of Medicine.
- Bronze Apple, 1995: Loyola University Medical Center, Department of Medicine.
- Silver Apple, 1994: Loyola University Medical Center, Department of Medicine.
- Golden Apple, 1992: Grant Hospital of Chicago.
- Outstanding Resident, 1985-1986: Grant Hospital of Chicago.
- Intern of the Year, 1983-1984: Grant Hospital of Chicago.
- Literary Secretary, 1978-1979: Gandhi Medical College.
- Fellow American College of Physicians.
- Fellow American College of Chest Physicians.
- Fellow Infectious Disease Society of America.
- Member Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- Member Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
- Member International Society for Infectious Disease
- Member American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.
- Member Indian American Medical Association (Illinois).
- Member HIV Medicine Association
- Member International AIDS Society
- Member American Society of Transplantation
- Member Clinical Infectious Diseases Society (India)
- Member Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Member American Association for the advancement of science
- Member International Society of Human and Animal Mycology
- Member Association for the prevention and control of rabies in India
- Member American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety
- Member Indian Medical Association
- Member International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease