Dr Jyoti Kankanala
Designation: HOD & Senior Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Qualification: MBBS, DGO, DNB, DFFP, Diploma in Laparoscopy, PGDMLS, MRCOG, FRCOGBook an appointment
Dr Jyoti Kankanala has a total experience of 17 years in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is experienced in teaching healthcare professionals as well as patients and has been a reviewer for the European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as the RCOG conference in 2014. She has been an examiner for MRCOG PART 2 Courses at Royal Free conducted by Miss Tuck 2010. She has been involved in two international oral presentations and six poster presentations among other achievements. She has also attended various courses such as ALSO, Labour Ward Management Course, CTG Workshop, etc. In her leisure time, she likes to spend time with her family, playing badminton and carom, watching television and movies, and also enjoys cooking authentic Indian cuisines.
17 Years of Experience
- 2011 to Currently
HOD & Senior Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
- November 2009 to May 2010
Clinical Research Fellow in Fetal medicine unit at Royal Free Hospital, London, UK.
- March 2003 to November 2009
SHO/SSHO/Specialist Registrar in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Referral Hospitals, UK.
- March 2000 to July 2000
Registrar in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai, India.
- March 1998 to Jan 2000
Senior House Officer in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Grant Medical College, Mumbai, India.
- March 1997 to March 1998
General Practitioner at Sri Lakshmi Medicare Centre, Hyderabad, India.
- Kankanala J. A novel Foley’s technique for ovarian giant cyst management: To reduce morbidity. J Case Rep Images Gynecol Obstet 2017; 3:23-26.
- A challenging case of SLE associated with intrahepatic cholestasis and atypical Wilson’s disease.
- International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology Kankanala J. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2017 Aug;6(8):3676-3678 ijrcog.org ISSN 2320-1770. eISSN 2320-1789 Case Report Large pelvic mass- careful planning- can decrease the morbidity Jyoti Kankanala*.
- Volume-6, Issue-6, June-2017, ISSN No 2277-8179, IF: 4.176, IC Value: 78.46Vagino-abdominal approach on a challenging case of large prolapsed leiomyoma- a success story!